What's is the best way to avoid a scar from transaxilliry breast augmentation?

had a breast augmentation through the transaxilliry approach. I have olive tan skin and am prone to scars. What is the best way to avoid this? My PS wants me to just leave it be. But I'm afraid that I will receive a dark scar. I am already on my 2nd week post op. My stitches have been removed a few days ago. Any information would be much appreciated.

What Is The Best Way To Avoid A Transaxillary Breast Augmentation Scar?

Breast augmentations through the armpit tend to be the least scarring route of entry for any breast implant.  Incisions that follow the natural lines of the armpit are placed in what is referred to as Langers Lines.  These lines follow the point of least tension, and since tension is the #1 cause for excessive scarring, these incisions tend to be the least visible and least scar producing.  Also, in any given area, the thinner the dermis, the finer the scar.  Armpit skin is, in fact, the second thinnest skin on the body.  Therefore, with minimal tension and thin dermis, these scars tend to be very favorable.
Thank you for the picture of your armpit and the incision therein.  The thickened portion of the incision appears to be created by internal everting sutures.  In my practice, these sutures are placed intentionally to allow the two raw surfaces to be in greater contact with each other leading to a stronger scar.  Normally, at one month, the internal sutures dissolve and the scar flattens.  This comes through the natural movement of the arm.
With reference to your question about a dark scar, there of course is the possibility that since you have olive skin, your body's response to injury may be to hyperpigment this incision.  In my experience, these hyperpigmented scars clear themselves within 9 months.  However, in my practice, we have an intense pulse light laser which improves and/or eliminates the hyperpigmentation earlier than 9 months.
All in all, I think your plastic surgeon was correct that leaving your incision alone at this time would be the best approach.  Any attempt to intervene at this early stage of wound healing may create worse ultimate scarring.

Transaxillary scar

Thank you for your question and for your picture. In my practice I usually recommend silicone scar pads to be placed on the scar at 4-6 weeks. This product can usually be found at any local pharmacy and is used for 6-8 weeks. You should also avoid stretching the incision and having anything rub against the incision, this is particularly tough with transaxillary incisions. Before doing anything with your incisions I would recommend that you check with your plastic surgeon. Best of luck.