Lap band to sleeve wait period? (photo)

I had success with the band 5years ago but since having my child I have been really struggling with losing weight. 210lbs 5'6 my question is, I went through 8 month waiting period had to do sleep tests, psych eval, support groups etc.. am I going to have to go through all of that again? Maybe it depends on the doctor but I'm just wondering. I have moved so far away from my surgeon seeing if this would all make sense again. I left a message hopefully the dr calls me back Monday

Requirements for conversion from Band to sleeve

Your BMI is now below 35.  It may be an uphill battle for you.  You may have to prove that there is a complication of the band such as slippage, in order to get your insurance company to pay for it.  The waiting period is doctor-specific.

Your other option is to pay for the conversion on your own.  I take care of many such patients.  Our total price for conversion from band to sleeve is about $13,000.

Bloomfield Hills Bariatric Surgeon

Last contacted 8 days ago