Fat Transfer: 18 months post-op, can it be fixed?

I had a breast reduction 28 month ago he did fat injections under my eyes I hack 2 half inch lumps that won't go away can anything be done. My Dr retired at Brigham and woman's in boston he said rub them daily but no changes

Lumps after fat injections

Fat injections around the eyes can be troublesome as you are experiencing one of the issues that can develop. Sometimes direct excision is needed, and sometimes just breaking up the scar tissue can help.

Fat transfer under eyes

this is a classic problem with fat grafting. It is difficult. The first thing to do is to see if more filler will hide the bumps. The last is surgery. See a surgeon with experience here

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting

Hello and thank you for your question.  I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.  You may need the fat grafts to be removed or refined.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD