Brazilian butt lift massages required?

I've been reading on here alot about weekly massages after bbl surgery as well as recovery centers. Are the massages something doctors recommend or something up to the patient? Can you recover at home or do you need to stay at some recovery house? I've been thinking about this for some time now. I'm 5'6 200 lbs just had a baby and now my belly sticks out more than my butt :,( A lot of my savings would go to the surgery so I'm worried massages and recovery centers will be too pricey..

Brazilian butt lift massages required?

In my center we routinely provide postoperative massage and ultrasound treatments to the donor sites involving a BBL. We do not do any massage and ultrasound treatment to the the buttocks which could destroy the fat cells..But providing those treatment to the liposuction areas could help the healing process and hasten the resolution of swelling and hardness.

Thank you for your question.This is really something you would need to discuss during your consultations because surgeons often have different post operative protocols. For my patients, I do not require a recovery house or weekly massages. As long as you have someone to supervise you and help you the first 24 hours then that should be sufficient enough. Although you would be required to have a driver to take you to your follow up appointments during the first 2 weeks because you should refrain from sitting or putting direct pressure on the buttocks at this time. 
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

BBL and massage

I do not routinely have patients go for massage after a BBL. On occasion, I will have the patient massage a firm area to help soften it.  Best to ask your surgeon his preferences.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon