Two weeks post op and worried that my right incision is pulled in too tight? (Photos)

I'm worried that my right breast implant won't settle into a similar position as my left .I love the look of the left, but my right is still high and is pushing out to the side. I feel like the incision is pulled so tight that it's forcing the implant to stay high and outta the side. Is it too early to tell or will/can something be done to fix it .

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

ITs early to talk about results.In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

2 Weeks Post Op

At 2 weeks post op, both of your implants are high and tight still. you have swelling present and tight tissues which will take between 2-6 months to soften and settle. I recommend that you share your concerns with your Plastic Surgeon and try to be patient as your breasts heal. 

All the best 

Two weeks post op and worried that my right incision is pulled in too tight?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  After placement of implants, the overall appearance of the breasts will change dramatically over the next several months, as the implants drop, and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume. In your case the swelling from surgery is flattening your implants and holding them high on your chest.  I understand that your right breast incision is causing you concern and I know waiting is difficult, but judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. Hope this helps.

Postoperative Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  You are very early in your post operative recovery after breast augmentation. It takes time for the breast implants to descend into the pocket  because both the muscle and skin need to relax . It is not unusual for there to be differences between the two breasts early in recovery . However , you  may want to address your concerns with your plastic surgeon because there are sometimes certain maneuvers, such as wearing a strap ,that can help with the post operative descent of the implants. This is of course up to your plastic surgeon after he or she evaluates your breasts. 

Joanne Lopes, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Two weeks post

You are only two weeks post breast augmentation. You have to give it 4-6 months for the breasts to settle into the pocket. Each side will respond a bit differently.