Advice on implants after reduction?

Hello, about a year ago I had a breast lift and reduction done. I went from a JJ to a DD/DDD and had a lift as well. I'm pretty happy with my results as a whole but I am hoping for some upper fullness that would best be achieved by a small implant I believe. Since my insurance covered my surgery they wouldn't let me pay the additional fee and add that in unfortunately. I'm curious, can an upper implant be done and will it enlarge my breast size a lot? I obviously don't want that.

Advice on implants after reduction?

Yes, you should be able to proceed with breast augmentation surgery. What you describe is not an uncommon occurrence; patients wishing to proceed with breast augmentation surgery after previous breast reduction or lifting operations. Sometimes, during these types of operations, "adjustments" of the previous breast reduction or lift procedure will also help improve outcome.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as  “a lot” or "C or D cup” to "too big on me" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery,  after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast  augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes. 

Implant placement

Upper pole fullness is sometimes hard to deliver to patients.  Eventually most implants will come down a bit with time. You would have to be evaluated in person.

Breast implants for upper pole fullness

A personal consultation will determine if your goals are achievable to begin with.  Nonetheless, it appears that a small round implant that provides more forward projection could help you give the look you're after. 

Another possible option is fat transfer to the upper breast pole. 

Make sure that you consult a board-certified plastic surgeon who performs breast surgeries on a regular basis. Ideally, he should also present hundreds if not thousands of before-and-after photos to prove his experience, which plays a critical role in the success of any plastic surgery procedure. 

Good luck and best wishes.