I had BBL, lower portion wasn't addressed, leaving me unhappy after paying thousands of dollars, this standard practice? (Photo)

I had a Butt Lift with the flap. My surgeon says he doesn't use compression garments, he feels they offer no significant advantage and causes unnecessary pain. The upper portion of my buttocks I am very please with, but the lower middle issue was not addressed. He keeps saying give it time. It was like that before and after, I am 6 weeks post op what are we waiting for? I feel he's dismissing my feelings opposed to addressing them.

BBL Recovery

It usually takes 12- 24 weeks to fully recover from a BBL surgery.  During this time, lower areas can swell and appear larger.  Time is required to allow for settling of the tissue and resolution of the swelling.