I need help finding a doctor? (Photos)

I recieve medicare and I have alot of fat hanging from my stomach. I live in New Orleans, La. I need someone to help me to get this surgery. I am so depress....

I need help finding a doctor?

Thank you for your question.  I am attaching a link to the american society of plastic surgeons website that will allow you to search for board-certified plastic surgeons in your area.  It will give you a list of physicians based on their distance from your location that can help determine the best treatment option. Hope that this helps. 

I need help finding a doctor for tummy tuck surgery?

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

I would ask your primary care physician who he/she recommends. Do choose a board certified plastic surgeon. There are usually several excellent plastic surgeons at medical centers.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Finding A Surgeon?

Thank you for your question. Finding the proper surgeon is critical to the success of your tummy tuck. You need to find a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who specializes in body contouring procedures. The ASPS website will provide a list of properly trained surgeons in your area. You should go on several consultations and see who you like best. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work. Hope this helps.

Medicare won't cover a Tummy Tuck

Medicare won't cover a tummy tuck which is the procedure that you need based on your photos. It is considered a cosmetic procedure. In order to find a board certified surgeon, go to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website and search your area. Keep in mind that there are financing options available which I discuss in more detail in the attached video. Hope this helps.

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and the photos. It is best to check the website of the American Board to find good surgeons in your area. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

I need help finding a doctor?

Your pictures are inadequate to respond accurately. Medicare will not cover a Tummy Tuck. There are many Qualified Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in New Orleans-- seek an in person consultation.