I Had a Breast Lift 12/28/2012 I Had Tissue Death or Necrosis on One of my Breast? (photo)

can I have this fixed or is there not enough skin? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

After maturation of the scar a revision is possible.

It looks as though the scar has resolved after your wound healing issue. This would be a suitable time to consider a scar revision which I think would give a good result.

I Had a Breast Lift 12/28/2012 I Had Tissue Death or Necrosis on One of my Breast?

Looking at your picture, it seems that there is enough tissue for a scar revision. Discuss this with your surgeon.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Scar revision after wound healing problems following a breast reduction

It the scar is excess if it can most likely be revised by a linear skin excision.  You have given the soft tissues enough time to relax so the revision could be done at any time.

Revision of scar after breast lift

A revision of the scar is certainly possible if the tissue is soft and there is skin laxity. Best to see in person.

You can certainly have it revised if it bothers you, but since it is so faint in the picture, you could just leave it alone. If you consider revision, the chances of improvement are good, but you can still have problems with wound healing, but not deep tissue necrosis like you had before.

Scar revision will help

You should get good result with mastopexy revision and scar tissue removal. This can be done now that tissue healed well. Please see your surgeon for evaluation.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Scar revision can improve things

Sorry that you had the necrosis. I know it is frustrating for the patient and the surgeon. The scar fortunately is fairly light and only visible if one is close. If you are determined to have it removed then one consideration would be to do a serial excision. There is not enough laxity to remove it completely, but you might be able to move it in 2-3 sessions. This is only if the quality and thickness of the skin will allow. Hopefully your surgeon can give you their opinion on this. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD