For the treatments, would I have to go every day or once or twice a week?

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
Coolsculpting is based on the number of areas. 
If you have a few hours or more and can get it done in one day, then that may be a great way to go.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Number of treatments

We have our patients come back to re-treat at 2 months. We have done this a lot so we know when someone is going to need a second treatment for sure. We don't wait 3 months when this is the case.
Sheila Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Coolsculpting and Number of Treatments

Coolsculpting is a fabulous procedure that usually only requires one treatment depending on the area of the body performed.  For patients who have a larger bulge, you may need two separate treatments, spaced approximately 6 to 8 weeks apart.  You definitely do not need weekly treatments for coolsculpting.  The full results take 4 months to appreciate.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with coolsculpting for the best cosmetic results. 

Coolsculpting convenience

Coolsculpting is effective enough to be a one time treatment for many patients. If you have areas with more fat, the treatment may be repeated after one month in the same area. There is no down time, so the procedure is perfect for patients with a busy schedule. 

Dana Coberly, MD

Frequency of CoolSculpting treatments

If you are asking about the frequency of CoolSculpting treatments, it can vary by individual.  Some people may only require one treatment to a particular body area and this can be done in just one visit.  It is not a procedure that requires daily or even weekly treatment sessions.  Some people do have additional treatment sessions to further reduce unwanted fat, and the time interval can vary by physician.  It normally would be at least a month or two between treatments, although some physicians may re-treat sooner.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting only requires one treatment

One of the great things about CoolSculpting is only one treatment is required.  A CoolSculpting treatment takes one hour to perform and results in a 20-25% reduction in fat.  I would suggest finding an office with two CoolSculpting machines, as this will cut in half the time needed for treatment.  For example, if you were treating love handles, one machine could be used on each side, and the total treatment time would be one hour.  CoolSculpting does not require multiple visits to achieve results.

However, if a patient wishes to achieve maximal fat reduction, they can have a second treatment of the same area.  This is referred to as "stacking".  Each office has different protocols for when this second treatment can be performed (some as early as one week, some up to a month later).  This second treatment would result in an additional 20-25% fat reduction of the treated area.  A consultation with an experienced CoolSculpting provider is your next best step to make sure you are a good candidate for treatment.  Best of luck!

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon