How can get my nose thinner? (photos)

I have a pretty big nose and it really bugs me.. It gets wider when I smile and I hate it. Is there anything I can do to make my nose thinner besides surgery? Also my nose isn't straight.

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.Kind regards

Thinner nose

Unfortunately the pictures are distorted, but there appears to be excess width in bridge and tip. There is no profile view so not much can be said about what  your nose needs.Certainly, research for an expert rhinoplasty surgeon or two and go for consultations. Based on what the see and feel, they will make recommendations on what you need.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Making nose "thinner" ie narrower

Surgery is the only truly effective option.. Localized injection of fillers to the tip can create an illusion of somewhat more refined tip but your nose will not be smaller.  Judging from your pictures you would benefit from surgery to reduce the width of your tip cartilages , possibly with placement of a tip graft to create more definition to the tip as well as thinning of the soft tissues deep to the skin in the region of the tip.

J. Andrew Bartlett, MD, FRCS
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose thinner

You will have some limitation based upon your thick tissues, but certainly the width of your nose especially in the mid vault can be improved.

Can my nose get thinner?

Thank you for your question.  First you should schedule a consult with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  The main goal of a reputable surgeon is to listen to a patient's concerns and discuss the treatment plans that can address these concerns.   Best of Luck! 

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty Goals

The changes you describe can be achieved with rhinoplasty. If you want the best idea of what is possible for your nose, do your due diligence, find an experienced surgeon, and have him/her evaluate you in person and discuss your options. Looking at computer-morphed images with your surgeon during consultation will give you a good idea of what is possible, and also give you a great chance to convey to your surgeon what you envision.

Donald B. Yoo, MD