I am a 37 year old female. I had weight loss surgery 3 years ago and my arms are saggy. My left is bigger than the right.

My right arm is bigger then my left arm had surgery 3 yrs ago and feel my right Arm is getting bigger

Arm lift worth it? YES!

Thank you very much for this question. Congratulations on your weight loss. Most of the patients I've had the privilege to treat have had asymmetry between the right and left arms. I address the differences during the consultation and in the preoperative markings. On the larger side, I usually end up removing more tissue and get better symmetry. No one can have perfect symmetry, but a big improvement is possible. Weight loss patients benefit the most from the posterior arm lift because this operation can remove more tissue and get better results when compared to the anterior arm lift. The scar hides better int he back of the arm as well. 

Arm lift after MWL

arm lift would be a good option after massive weight loss, it is important to do an exam  to check the tissue and the amount of fat and skin that are making asymmetric your arms. 

Rodolfo Castillo, MD

Tijuana, Mx.

Rodolfo Castillo, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Arms saggy

always there is a bigger or more sagging side.

With surgery is possible remove the skin excess, but notice you never are going to be perfectly symetric.

Carlos Gonzalez Legarda, MD
Colombia Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift

Asymmetry is very common after weight loss and is usually easily corrected at the time of a brachioplasty.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Arms are Saggy - Arm lift

Thanks for your question! Based on your brief description I think you would benefit from an arm lift also known as a brachioplasty. It is common to have differences in the amount of sagging skin on your arms. That can be address and fixed during surgery. I recommend you make an appointment with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area for a consultation.

Best wishes! 

Gregory Baum, MD
Syracuse Plastic Surgeon

Great Procedure for Body Contouring

Your experience is pretty common and fortunately arm lifting is available to correct this very issue. I often combine arm lifting with lipo, but base this decision on each patient's unique anatomy. Best of luck.

Brian M. Derby, MD
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Arms are saggy; arm lifting candidate...

Thanks for the question. Based on your weighty loss history and description, I think you will likely be a good candidate for arm lifting surgery. Best to seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Learn about the pros/cons/possible risks/complications associated with the procedure as well. You may find the attached link, dedicated to arm lifting surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

I think that arm lift surgery would likely be of benefit, but pictures or an exam would be helpful to make recommendations.

Arm lift

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your description, you may be a candidate for an arm lift.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Arms

Right to left asymmetries are always present before and after any surgery. It depends upon your presentation- fat and/or skin may respond to Vaser ultrasound liposuction/smart lipo and/ or skin excision.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures is recommended to confirm you are a candidate as well as discuss your options and expectations. 

Harry T. Haramis, MD, FACS
Montclair Plastic Surgeon