Laser for breast lift scars that have been Derma Rolled for a long time?

Hi I have the full breast lift anchor scars. I have flattened them completely and they no depth like they did now thickness with derma roller and I was told that ematrix would get rid of them completely. Is this true or do I need to get CO2 laser or both? I am really confused as to what is the best option. I have looked at tattoo scar camouflage but you have to keep getting it done I don't even know how long it lasts. I hope you can give me some advice. Thank you.

Thank you for your query. E matrix and co2 fractional laser works on the same principle of collagen remodeling. They both work well on the scars and are equally good. You can decide up on price as to what suits you best and go for it. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

CO2 laser for breast scar improvement?

Great question. I find that fractional CO2 laser treatments for scars are almost always quite helpful. In my practice, I might use my CO2 laser for scar improvements several times in a single day - it is very quick, very safe, and it works! It costs me only a small amount of my time, and I generally don't charge my clients for this service. With my laser, I typically see a 20-30% improvement w/ each application of the laser - applying the laser 1 to 3 times, 3 or more weeks apart - generally achieves the desired results.  Redness and tiny pinpoint scabbing might be present for a week or so.  I hope this helps!

David Hartman, MD, FACS
Canton Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar hyperpigmentation

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

The selection of the laser to treat the scar issues is related to the source of the problem and your type of skin (how dark it is and how it reacts to tanning). 

If pigment is the issue: fraxel or fractionated co2 could be a good solution.

If redish pigment is the problem, IPL for vascular lesions should be the solution to the problem.

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Scars

I would recommend a combination of CO2 laser resurfacing and e-matrix for surgical scars. You may have the best result with the combination therapy.

Christopher Balgobin, MD
Minneapolis Physician