I just started my research on finding a doctor for a BBL, budget from 4-6 thousand. Is that range possible?

Would love to stay close as possible to my area with out flying, my budget is tight. I have a budget of 4,000 to 6,000. Can I get a BBL within that budget? Want a good doctor to have it done right the first time.

BBL

I would recommend when searching for a surgeon to perform your BBL that you take a different approach and base your decision off of the qualification of the surgeon and not the price of his/her surgeries. You can look on the ASPS website for a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. When it comes down to it, your health is more important than the cost. If cost is an issue, there are financing options that most practices offer such as Care Credit and you can apply easily online and set up monthly payment plans. Cost differs per location and doctor but I can tell you that the Realself average cost for a BBL is around $6,000-$7,000. To have an exact estimate written up for you I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have this done. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Is a range of 4000-6000 possible?

Cost factors vary significantly for a number of good reasons: Prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find the most qualified surgeons where you want the surgery performed that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them. See the below link on suggestions on how to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for your procedure. General Factors that influence the price of plastic surgery include:

1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctor’s office? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA.

2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used?            3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery           4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc. Will other complementary procedures also be also performed during the same surgery?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided infromation as well.. The procedure price vary depending on the country and plastic surgeon, here at the Dominican Republic prices are between 3700 us for lipo and bbl together,.. Consult with your board certified plastic surgeon!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

BBL for under five thousand.

The short answer to your question is no. This may be a disappointment to you, and I'm sorry for that, but short of leaving the country, or having a Florida surgeon who does not carry malpractice insurance,  I doubt you could get a Brazilian butt lift for under five thousand dollars. Before you make up your mind up see a board-certified plastic surgeon who does a ton of Brazilian butt lift operates at a certified facility and carries malpractice insurance and you will be in good hands. Factor in all aspects and you may not find the savings worth it.  All surgeries carry risks and having an operation at a non-certified facility, outside the United States, carries risks of its own. 

Ayman Hakki, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Finding a surgeon to fit your budget

When looking for a surgeon, a clinic, or a surgery, there are many factors that need to be taken into account.  And while price is a major concern for the predominant majority of patients, it should not be on top of your list.  

First you want to consider things such as:

• Safety - does the clinic and the surgeon have a reputation for safety.  Because if you develop serious complications, the fact that you saved a few thousand dollars becomes irrelevant (and in fact it will end up costing you a lot more to have it all fixed.... assuming you can get fixed.... that's not always the case)
  • Quality of results - is the surgeon known to deliver the promised results.  Because if you do not get what you wanted, once again the fact that you got a discount is irrelevant.  Now you have to go and get it done again and guess what... you again end up paying even more.
  • Care - what type of pre and post-surgical care do you get?  Understand that you don't get more for less.  Very often the clinics that offer discounted rates offer minimal if any post-op care.  We've heard of stories of patients who got a deal on a surgery.  Got the surgery and that was it.  It was impossible for them to get in touch with the clinic 'after the sale'.  We believe postop care is essential to ensure you get beautiful and safe results.  Getting a BBL is not like buying a desk.  You buy it and never see the furniture store again.  Any surgery requires postop care.  After surgery a reputable clinic will see you for follow up visits to ensure that you do not develop postop complications such as infection, wound healing problem.  That your results are properly maintained.  That's because any beautiful result can easily be destroyed in the early recovery period if the patient deviates from the postop protocols or some accident happens.  Sometimes you can catch a problem early and treat it before it becomes a serious problem.  These things are rare, but it's always better to be safe then sorry... that's why at our clinic we see all our patients regularly after their surgery, even if most visits a just a quick peak at the wounds/incisions, and I just pop in real quick to see my patients, eyeball them and leave.  Post op care is very important in my mind (as you can see by the very long paragraph i devoted to this ;-0)  )
  • Does the surgeon perform a lot of these procedures?  - very few surgeons specialize in one particular procedure and that's all they do... thus most surgeons do wide variety of procedures .... and you want to find the one who does a lot of the procedures that you want, not just once in a while.  It's a well known fact that surgeons who perform a procedure often have better results and fewer complications that the ones that do a particular procedure occasionally.  So what is a reasonable number of procedures?  Tough to say.  In my opinion a surgeon should do the procedure you are looking for more than once a week.  And then... if you find two who do it often, if one of them does it a lot more often than the other one (I mean 50-100% more) then probably chose the one that does more.  With more procedures comes more experience, more tweaking, more refined surgical technique and safety protocols.
  • Look at the before and after pics - so now that you found a few good surgeons, look at their before and after photos.  Look to see whether or not you like their results.  And look for more than a few nice photos.  Anyone can collect a few successful results.  You want to see many beautiful results.  When it comes to BBL, have a critical eye because fat survival is the biggest variable amongst the surgeons.  Not all fat survives.  So all surgeons may have beautiful before and after photos right after surgery, but how many have long term after photos, that show the real final result?  You want photos that are at least 3 months after the surgery (in my opinion whatever you are left with after 3 months is not going to change).
  • How much is the procedure?  - so finally let's look at the money issue.  Money is a factor for 99% of the population.  But it is the last factor to consider, after you used the above factors to filter out your options.   And while I acknowledge the importance of this factor, I would like you to consider the value of what you are getting.  Is the cheaper option the better one, or is the more expensive one actually one that in the long term ends up being cheaper (because of all the additional costs of the cheaper one when you have to spend money and time to fix a botched job)?  So are you looking at the price? (how much you pay now) or cost? (the long term value)  The long term costs includes not only the price you pay for the surgery, but the associated costs if you have a complication: having to travel back to the surgeon's office, time off from work, cost for additional procedures to fix the problem... and the list goes on.

So to conclude, you most likely will be able to find a surgeon / clinic that fits your budget.  But is it a good doctor that does it right the first time?

Martin Jugenburg, MD

The chosen one, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
I usually tell my patients that the first step for a safe plastic surgery is to choose a board certified aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgeon.

This should have a personal website containing details of his professional biography and some photos of the procedures performed.

Your plastic surgeon should be  transparent and a honest person with you, with ethical and human values, and especially with good reputation and history. Also, it's much better if this doctor have special training and experience in procedures like the one you're interested.

Finally, i invite you to send your photos to give you more information of interest for you.

Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-        

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

BBL

The fees will vary from surgeon to surgeon.  I have done these under local for some individuals to help cut their costs a bit, but I think that most would prefer this under sedation or general anesthesia.

Brazilian butt lift cost

Hello and thank you for your question. I think that you may be able to find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area that would be willing to perform your procedure for a cost that would likely be at the higher end of your budget. Good luck with your search. 

Kenneth A. Godwin, DO
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon