Tummy tuck in 1995 - ready for another!! Any suggestions?

I had a tummy tuck back in 1995. The skin since then has dropped. I'm 55 years old and menopause hit me with a vengeance. I need another tummy tuck but I want to see a plastic surgeon that specializes in this. I live in the Westchester, NY and would like to stay local. Thank you!!

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

Thank you for your question. I specialize in Tummy Tucks and Body Contouring procedures.  I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can look at before/after pictures on their websites prior to scheduling consultationsThe best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Revision/Redo Abdominoplasty

Plastic surgeons (and our patients) certainly hope for aesthetic procedures to be 'one-off's.' With proper patient selection, meticulous surgery and attentive aftercare our 'holy grail' is a smooth operation, a quick/uneventful recovery and great/long-lasting results. That said, revisions and redo's will sometimes be necessary. Even when initial results are good, patients and their bodies can change over time. Weight gain/loss, hormonal fluctuations, pregnancies, medical conditions/surgeries, skin issues, etc. can play a role in the recurrence of body contouring issues and the development of new ones.  Many patients can be considered good candidates for additional surgery based on a variety of factors. Often, there are technical considerations for patients to weigh. The most notable of these is incision placement, orientation and length. This will depend upon the previous incision, skin excess/laxity, patients height/torso length, etc.
Interestingly, my revision/redo tummy tuck patients seem to have an easier time of their surgery than my primary patients. As with ALL plastic surgery procedures, you will need a thorough evaluation and a well thought out plan.
good luck

Revision TT

Hello and thanks. A revision tummy tuck is not uncommon.  During his the procedure recurrent abdominal muscle laxity and skin laxity can be addressed. See a BCPS for your care. Most plastic surgeons perform this procedure however check the ASPS website for doctors that specialize in reoperative plastic surgery. 
Good luck. 

Secondary surgery

Thank you for your question, which is a good one. Repeat abdominoplasty is something I do frequently especially when another surgeon has done it first. There are many considerations, including assessing what was done previously and improving on it. It's important to choose a boarded surgeon with at least 10-15 years of experience with this. Avoid 'mini' type surgeries which may be tempting but would offer minimal improvements. Hope this helps.
Leland Deane MD FACSNew York, NYGarden City, NY

Leland Deane, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon