I had root canal a month back. And a week back had a permanent crown placed on lower left second molar. Any suggestion?

I had root canal a mobth back. And a week back had a permanent crown placed on lower left second molar. After few days, I am having pain in jaw, upper and lower tooth. The crown hurts on touch. What is the issue?

Pain After Crown Placed On Root Canal Tooth

If you did not have pain in the tooth when wearing the temporary, more than likely, the pain is coming from the occlusion or bite. A simple adjustment will resolve the issue.  Wish you well!

Pain after permanent #crown #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing pain.  I would recommend returning to your dentist to have your bite evaluated. It is important that your bite be even and that you aren't hitting on a particular tooth harder than the others. A bite that is off can cause jaw pain and other issues.  I would recommend returning to your dentist as soon as possible for an evaluation.  A simple bite adjustment usually takes care of the issue and only takes about 10 minutes in the dental chair. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Crown hurting

Dear padush: Sorry to hear about your problem. The symptoms you are expressing are usually indicative have a crown that is high to the bite. Please go to your dentist and have your dentist check the occlusion, the bite, on your crown. It might be high and needs adjustment. Either way you should have this checked as soon as possible. Best of luck,