Will a c section make a full tummy tuck difficult? Can I get a breast lift without implants or fat and keeping my D? (photos)

Should I get the BBL and breast lift completed at the same time? Then how long should I wait to get the tummy tuck? Will a doctor allow fat from my arms, tummy, and back to assist with my BBL? I have circled the problem areas I want to use for the BBL. Any suggestions or next steps? My expectations seem reasonable. Should I take these photos and the ones I've seen as results to show at my consultation or let the surgeon make the suggestions on what procedures should be done?

Mommy make-over - lots of questions!

Thank you for your question about your mommy make-over.
  • So glad you are planning a mommy make-over.
  • No, a C-section does not make the tummy tuck more difficult but surgery has to be carefully done.
  • Fat for your BBL can come from any area - typically the tummy first if you plan a later tummy tuck.
  • The areas you have circled look fine but may not yield enough fat.
  • Yes, your photos suggest a breast lift is a good idea.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

About a Mommy Makeover Procedure & the Expectations

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others. The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting.  

In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity. 

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation. The suitability of your procedures and any specific risks may be determined during you #consultation. Also, another element to a satisfying result of your procedures are realistic #expectations.

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than deciding if a tummy tuck or a mommy makeover is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that!
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!

Combining sugeries can save time and money

Thank you for your questions and photos.  Here would be my surgical plan for you (could change with an in-office visit):

1.  BBL and breast lift first - yes, I would do liposuction on your arms, tummy, and back to get enough fat for the BBL. 

2.  Tummy tuck - this would be done second about 3 months later.  This will allow all of your tissues to heal and allow for a full recovery from the surgery and anesthesia.

Combining the breast lift with the BBL will save you a lot of recovery time and money since combination procedures are discounted.  Your expectations seem extremely reasonable and I believe you can get awesome results!

Thank you for your question!

Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

Will a c section make a full tummy tuck difficult? Can I get a breast lift without implants or fat and keeping my D?

Thank you for your questions and photographs.  You can complete both procedures at the same time and the c-section scar will serve as the likely area of your tummy tuck incision site.  If interested in a BBL you may wish to consider staging your procedures as extensive liposuction and a BBL may push you beyond the reasonable amount of time for an aesthetically based procedure.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation, they can offer you the best advice.  

Mommy makeover

Hello and thank you for the question and the photos. Based upon your description and the photos you are a very good candidate to have a full mastopexy,  a full tummy tuck with muscle tightening, and liposuction of multiple areas with a Brazilian butt lift. 

You would most likely need to do this in stages from a safety perspective. One way to do this is to do the front of your body first that is to do the breast lift and tummy tuck at 1 procedure. Once you had recovered from the first procedure then you can proceed with stage two which would be the multiple areas of liposuction followed by the Brazilian butt lift.Based upon your size and your desired goals a full breast lift would be the best option for your breasts I do not believe a breast implant would be needed. 

A previous C section does not complicate or change the outcome of a typical tummy tuck. In fact most of the time my patients already have a c-section scar which we remove so that you do not wake up with two scars.You should seek several consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons before making a final decision.As always it is best to be healthy, no smoking, and to make sure that any health care conditions you have are managed by your primary care doctor.Best to you

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

The # of separate operations desired require either separate surgeries or in hospital one surgery (fee $25,000+). In FLORIDA can NOT combine BBL with other surgeries in office setting! Plus can only remove 4 liters of fat. Best to seek consultations!

Contouring

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction. This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  A C-section will not complicate this at all.  BBL can be performed at the time.  Your areas for liposuction are reasonable, except the arms--I would avoid the arms.  A breast lift would be very beneficial also and can give you a nice shape while retaining your breast size.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Body makeover

See answers below. Probably need multiple surgeries spread over time. 
1. Should I get the BBL and breast lift completed at the same time? -you certainly can

2. Then how long should I wait to get the tummy tuck? -At least 6 weeks

3. Will a doctor allow fat from my arms, tummy, and back to assist with my BBL? -Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon, but likely.

4. I have circled the problem areas I want to use for the BBL. Any suggestions or next steps?-Consult with a BCPS.

5. My expectations seem reasonable. Should I take these photos and the ones I've seen as results to show at my consultation or let the surgeon make the suggestions on what procedures should be done? -Both

Best of luck to you.