What can I do to get rid of my under eye wrinkles and crows feet when I smile? (Photo)

I'm 24 years old and after having multiple allergic reactions (I would wake up once a week with super swollen eyes and it would last for days accompanied by eczema) for about 6 weeks. We (my doctor and I) finally got it under control but I have these awful lines underneath my eyes and on the sides of my eyes when I smile. I don't know what to do and I'm so self conscious of them. Do I HAVE to get Botox/fillers or are there other options?

Under the eye treatment

Hi and thanks for your question. It depends on the problem and concern the treatment for active wrinkles would be botox but for the passive wrinkle or texture of the skin laser would be a good option

Fillers are good for volume restoration but I do not see volume loss in your picture as you are still very young. I suggest to see an expert physician for consult

Toronto Physician

I suggest some botox for the crow's feet and energy-based device for tightening the skin under the eyes. Check eMatrix and fraxel.

Firas Al-Niaimi, MSc
London Dermatologist

Crows feet lines

I would recommend that you speak to your healthcare professional regarding Botox and perhaps a skin care regimen.  There may be some additional treatments that would be of benefit for you, but I would recommend that you have your physician evaluate the area to determine what would work best. 

Pamela Stuart, MD
San Jose Physician

Eye rejuvenation

eczema around the eyes will increase the wrinkling of the skin. Although this is usually a temporary phenomenon and improves when the eczema gets better, there are multiple ways to improve these wrinkles. Crowds feet are best addressed by Botox, whereas undereye wrinkles are better treated with resurfacing lasers. If there is a pronounced tear trough, fillers are also great at rejuvenating the under eye area. Seek a professional for consultation to decide the best approach 

Roni Munk, MD
Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon

Under Eye Wrinkles and Crow's Feet

A combination of Botox for the Crow's Feet and eMatrix laser which has a special under eye tip for wrinkles would be a great combination for you.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green