Am I a candidate for large volume liposuction? (photos)

On 11/17 I'm having lipo on my upper abs, back/flanks, and inner thighs. I had a TT and BA 15 months ago and want a bit more contouring. Love my PS, and trust her, I'm just curious about Large volume lipo. I am 5'11" and 215lbs but I run 3 miles 3-4 days a week. Ab work. Light weight training etc. my resting heart rate is 57. I eat healthy. Sleep 7-9 hrs a night and take vitamins. I want as much fat out as possible. Is this an option??!!

Am I a candidate for large volume liposuction?

From your photos it's hard to judge both how much fat remains under your abdominal skin and how much (if any) loose skin is contributing to your out breast/axillary area under your clothing.  Meeting with an ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon will allow for a face to face examination to make an informed recommendation.  The greater the amount of fat present under your skin (and not muscle or simple laxity) the greater the potential for contouring.  I would also add that your goal photos are probably an unrealistic target for you to set your sights on.  Enjoy your improvement and stay healthy......

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Large Volume Lipo

Thank you for your inquiry! From your photos it doesn't appear that you need large volume lipo.  I think you will be happy with the results once you have the procedure of lipo to your upper abs, back/flanks, and inner thighs. Just be patient in the healing process. The discomfort after liposuction usually subsides slowly over 2-3 weeks. Prescription pain pills are taken for the first 1-2 weeks and OTC advil for the 3rd or 4th week if needed. Swelling and skin tightening take 4-6 months to resolve but even at 1 week you should see alittle improvement and at 1 month you should see a big improvement. We start patients exercising and massaging at one week. This helps the swelling go down faster since it stimulates the lymphatic system to allow faster drainage. We also try to get them up walking the day after liposuction and back to work in 2 days. Best of luck with your surgery!

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

Liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for waistline contouring liposuction of your abdomen, flanks, and lower back.  This can greatly improve your overall shape with a smaller waist.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Go for amazing results with VASER Hi Def, ThermiRF, ultrasound, fat grafting

I don't know that you need large volume liposuction, so much as a hi-def VASER procedure. I recommend getting a formal consultation with a high def physique expert. I recommend VASER HI DEF with ThermiRF, ultrasound and fat grafting to get the most fat removal, skin tightening, and contouring. HD contouring is can give the best in body shaping, cellulite and fat reduction. See an expert. your body needs this type of procedure to get nearly the outcome you are looking for.  Best, Dr. Emer

Large volume liposuction - am I a candidate?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• It is wonderful you live such a healthy life.
  • Liposuction on your torso and thighs is fine.
  • Will you need or should you have large volume liposuction/
  • To me, this is removing more than 5 L of fat - no accredited surgery center in our area will allow that because the risks are quite high.
  • I also doubt that you will need more than 5 L removed.
  • I understand your goal for a trim waist and you should achieve it but the 'wish bodies' are all in women who are tiny or have been photoshopped to look exceptionally thin.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS