Is fat removal surgery right for me?
Doctor Answers 3
Fat Removal Surgery
A good candidate for tumescent liposuction with local anesthesia is one who is in good health. Prior to any procedure you will need a cardiology clearance. I advise seeking an experience board certified liposuction surgeon. All the best with your procedure.
Fat removal surgery
- There are two kinds of fat removal surgery -
- One is liposuction that removes no more than 10 pounds, from specific areas.
- This would not be a good choice if you are significantly overweight.
- The other surgery is gastric bypass surgery which can lead to a loss of 100 pounds or more.
- This sounds lke what your heart doctor has in mind.
- Look for bariatric surgeons on your insurance panel and arrange a consultation.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.