Hard Tissue Under Nipple?

Hi , 7 weeks ago i had a gyno surgery where the gland was removed, but i still see no difference and feel something hard under my nipple. I have heard many times that this is scar tissue but i dont know if its treu because it feels exactly like the glabd i had before surgery. Will this go away because its freaking me out. I really would like an answer because its almost 2 months after surgery and still the same . Does scar tissue feel the same as breast tissue?

Hard Tissue Under Nipple 7 Wks Post Op

Following surgery, your #incisions will go through a maturation process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Hello

2 months post-surgery is too soon to see final results you are still very swollen and it takes about 6-12 months for all the swelling to subside. Scar tissue does build up, best way to determine what it is, is by being examined by your surgeon.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS (in memoriam)