Will the hard lumps after vaser liposuction improve?

I received vaser liposuction about 11 months ago. I had upper arms,  outer thighs, and my abdomen. Initially my arms were the most painful and lumpy areas-- they took about 5-6 months to smooth out. They looked pretty grotesque for a while. Now 11 months later I still have two hard areas in my abdomen-- on hard, lumpy in my lower abdomen and one large lump just above my navel. I asked the board certified surgeon about these areas 4 months after my surgery and he encourage me to continue massaging the areas. Could these lumps be scar tissue? The large and hardest lump above my naval is the most resistant. It is still painful to massage after all this time and I'm not sure what to do. Is there any point in hoping for change after 11 months or should I request a revision?

Hard Lumps 11 Months After Vaser Liposuction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Yes, the #lumps may be diminish with time and self-massage may help. If not, your doctor can provide suggestions for this concern. In-office medi-spa treatments may be an option. But, it's best to be patient in the meantime.

Swelling after #Vaser liposuction is not uncommon. Gentle #walking may increase circulation and help to alleviate swelling. But you must not strain or push yourself. Also, if you were provided a post-procedure #garment, be sure you are wearing it until prescribed otherwise by your doctor. The purpose of the post-procedure #garment is to provide some gentle #support and to reduce swelling. If it feels too tight or causes pain, take it off. Many patients wear the #elastic garment for several weeks after procedures, as directed by their doctor; some choose to wear it longer for several months for comfort.
The final results of the procedure are typically most noticeable 2-4 months following the #Vaser.Typically, it's best to wait 6  to 12 months to undergo additional treatment if necessary. If at any time you have any concern at all about your healing process, do not hesitate to contact your surgeon .

TriActive or Vela-Smooth after Vaser

I like the TriActive immediately after Vaser to mobilize the sweling and modulate the helaing after Vaser or any fat removal.

In my ara, there are some phyiscal therapists who are specialized in techniqies to soften scarring after procedures. Either way I would look into some of these treatments before you consider a revsion.

Edward Szachowicz, MD, PhD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best to have a revision after 11 months since surgery. Seek some additional opinions to be sure of the treatment.