Hard Lump Under Nipple After 6 Months?

I had vaser lipo on my chest (male) 6 months ago, I still have some pain from time to time and my left side is often sore and feels hard under the nipple and is tender to touch, is this normal or do I need to consult again with my surgeon ? Thanks in advance

Hard Lump Under Nipple After 6 Months?

It's hard to determine without photos and an exam but it's possible that the lump represents gynecomastia tissue. Seek a plastic surgeon with specialty training in #gynecomastia surgery, has great photos, and is an expert in male breast reduction.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Hard Lump Under Nipple After 6 Months

It may take up to one year to see your final results. So, you must be patient. Nor is not uncommon for each breast heal at a different pace from one another. It is very possible that you are experiencing #swelling as you are healing. A collection of fluid under the skin occurs occasionally during the postoperative period. Aspiration of the fluid with a needle is frequently helpful. Secondary surgery is rarely necessary.

Also, bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Additionally, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin.  If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Vaser Lipo

You may still have a breast bud intact and this does not remove easily during breast lipo, and may have to be surgically excised.  The breast tissue on a male is like leather and very dense and difficult or impossible to remove with lipo techniques.  The soreness is probably due to inflammation from attempts to aspirate the tissue. Talk with your surgeon and determine if it is the bud and if removal is to be in the plan.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Hard lump after VASER liposuction

It is not uncommon to develop areas of firmness or tenderness following any type of liposuction.  Generally, these areas improve over time but if the firmness persists then there are very basic things that can be done to address them. 

For residual firmness, many patients benefit from direct firm massage to the area to break up and release fibrous tissue.  If the firmness persists, then fatty necrosis may have left behind a lump which can generally be removed with a very small incision.

Persistent tenderness can be caused by a number of factors but this generally improves over the first few months. 

Whatever your symptoms, the best bet is to follow-up with your treating surgeon and have them evaluate you for possible treatment techniques that can improve your symptoms. 

I hope that helps!

6 months after Vaser

Vaser like any other form of liposuction can leave potential irregularities.  I think that with the Vaser and the laser lipolysis systems they may have a greater propensity for sensory issue changes.

Potential complication 6 months after VASER liposuction of Men Breasts

Regarding: "Hard Lump Under Nipple After 6 Months?
"

I would advise you to see your surgeon again. The lump may be breasts tissue which was not removed at the original breast liposuction procedure, it may be scar tissue but in very rare cases may be breast cancer. Your surgeon needs the examine you and decide on the next step.

Dr. Peter Aldea