6 weeks ago I had a breast augmentation, and i am not happy with the resutls. My surgeon didnt listen to what i wanted, he decided to go 5cc higher then what we dicussed so that he could use a smaller profile, and didnt tell me untill the day of sugery. My breast now look completely natural which isnt what i wanted. My after care says revision surgery is free of charge if the surgeon isnt happy, but doesnt mention that it is the same if the patient isnt happy.
Not Happy with my Breast Augmentation, Will This Be Included in my Aftercare?
Doctor Answers 12
We don't have a full set of preop pictures to compare, but you appear to have a pleasing result. 5cc is a teaspoon and would not be perceptable. Keep communicating with your surgeon, but I would be feeling real, real good about your result. Many patients have noticable differences postop where one breast is higher, or bigger and you turned out with great symmetry based on your photo. All the best, "Dr. Joe" Gryskiewicz
Unhappy with results
An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.
5cc Difference Inconsequential
It’s important to understand that surgeons must work within the constraints of their patients starting anatomy. Based on your starting point, this is a result that the majority of patients would be happy with. It’s also important to realize that a 5 cc difference is only 1 teaspoon and is inconsequential.
It’s still early in the post-operative course and changes in your breasts may still occur. In addition, you may eventually adjust to your new breasts. It’s important in the interim to maintain good communication with your surgeon.
You might also like...
Not happy with my breast augmentation, will this be included in my aftercare?
You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon and hopefully come to a conclusion. I would not be surprised if facility and anesthesia costs are your responsibility along with a possible surgical fee to correct, however, the last one may be waived pending your previous discussions and examination. Hope that this helps and best wishes!
Unahppy after augmentation
The discussion regarding your goals is something that shoudl have been clear during consultation and I make a very strong effort to figure out during my consultations. 5 cc's is not noticeable. As for revisions, every office policy is different.
Breast Augmentation - Not Happy with my Breast Augmentation
There are two issues here: the results, and the costs involved in a revisional procedure.
In my opinion, your results are nice. I don't know what you looked like before, or what you wanted, but I think that you can generally be comfortable with how you look at this time. 5 cc is completely inconsequential. I would argue that even 50 cc is rarely noticeable, except in smaller patients and where there's notable asymmetry. 5 cc certainly is not.
The surgeon's policy regarding revisions is a different and more complicated issue. Each surgeon has his or her own policy regarding revisions, including what needs to be done and what the costs are. Assuming adequate healing, many surgeons I know charge reduced fees (the implants, the anesthesia, the surgical facility costs are fixed and relatively high for this procedure) with no or a small surgical fee. Charging a full fee is unusual, as is doing everything for free; that is simply not tenable in most cases. Ideally, this issues are addressed prior to undergoing any surgery, but if they are not then I generally advise patients to try to work this out in a friendly manner with their own surgeon as this is usually the most expeditious way to get the result you want. Whether or not you can do that, however, is where you need to start - I'm not sure, based on your photos, what I would even advise you to have done surgically.
But that's how I would advise that you approach this - first, figure out what can or should be done and see if it's even feasible and then address the specifics of accomplishing that, including fees.
I hope that this helps, and good luck,
Unhappy after augmentationj
1) your breasts look great;
2) 5cc is of -0- consequence and makes absolutely difference in your results
3) wait 6 months and then assess your results. You can always go bigger (my approach is I do not charge for revisions but patients have to buy new implants and pay any surgicenter costs).
Breast augmentation results
Revision of surgery is covered by some surgeons; we want to have results that we are poroud of and that the patient loves.
Your situation is a difficult one for us because you have a beautiful result. Unfortunately, it is not the result you wanted. I would suggest that you talk to your surgeon to see what compromise can be worked out.
Unhappy with natural appearance
- Communication with your surgeon with respect to a breast augmentation is of great importance since there are a number of choices to be made. The appearance after surgery can be difficult to predict and difficult to demonstrate to the patient prior to the surgery. You will have to be very specific about what you do not like and about how you would like to look after surgery and that is especially true if you are going to have a secondary procedure.
- Judging by your photographs I think you have had a very nice result. I would not get hung up on the 5cc volume difference because that is not an amount that is noticeable under any circumstances.
- Revision surgery details are ideally outlined prior to the original procedure. Costs will vary from doctor to doctor. I would make sure you are truly unhappy and that you know and can communicate exactly what you want before having a second operation.
Thank you for your question and for the photos. Best of luck.