What Happened, Snoopy Breast? (photo)

11,5 weeks ago I had high-profile, silicone implants (350cc) placed dual-plane together with BREAST LIFT, mastopexy.. For 6 weeks I continuously wore a strap, and I massage 6-8 times a day. The right is settling nicely, but the left appears to have a snoopy or waterfall deformity. Both are still mildly firm/taut. Why the sag and why the low nipples? My surgeon said my implants need to drop but the longer the time goes by the worse they look. Any suggestions?

Wait and see

It will change a lot in the next  few months. Early corrections will lead to unsatisfactory results  and more additional surgery

Brazil Plastic Surgeon

Snoopy Breast Concern 3 Months Post Op

I am sorry to read of your disappointment and understand your concern. It's possible that what you are seeing is due to the profile type of your implants. Nevertheless, it's usually suggested to wait 6  to 12 months depending on the reason for #revision and it's very early in your healing process yet. #Healing will continue for 2-3 months following your #Breast #Revision procedure. But, it can be up to one year see your final result. Your doctor may require you to move or massage the implants within the breast pockets during the #postoperative period. #Textured implants do not require breast massage. You will be informed about this at your post-operative visits.

Also, the two breasts commonly heal quite differently so #asymmetry is not unusual. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete #healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.

I suggest you consult with your plastic surgeon in person to better learn more about this situations and possible correction methods. Matters such as sagging or drooping  and size change will not improve with time. It's best to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in person to better learn your options. Matters such as sagging or drooping  and size change will not improve with time. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic.

High profile breast implants should be used carefully so as to avoid abnormal appearance.

High-profile breast implants do not distribute the volume is uniformly around the breast as the lower profile implants do. Sometimes they can look artificial as though a capsular contracture exists simply by their own architecture.

Breast issues at 11 weeks post-op.

Best to give it time to heal before worrying too much. You should let things settles for a few more months before considering any type of revision.

Snoopy breast, waterfall deformity

There will be some improvement of this with the implants sinking down and the swelling in the breast tissue reducing with time. However, I feel that the problem is one of excess skin. This maybe corrected later with an uplift. Usually, increasing the size of the implant is not a good plan as this would mean a very large implant, to be able to take all the slack in the skin envelope. It is important to wait for at least ix months before any plans are made.

Venkat Ramakrishnan, MBBS, FRACS
London Plastic Surgeon

Revision

Unfortunately, without a complete history and physical exam and through pre operative photography there is not enough information to make an informed plan, please consult your surgeon or another local board certified plastic surgeon

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Keep an eye on it...

A breast lift with implants is a very difficult operation to do and at this point I don't think your implants are going to drop very much. It seems just a little too much tissue is still at the bottom of your one breast and is pulling your nipple down with it...Keep an eye on it but you may need just a little touch up, which is very common after Breast Lift...

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon