is a lift my only option? (photos)

I've had implants under the muscle for 8 years. They've sagged and look very odd. I see a surgeon and he advised I have a lift aswell as implants or have very big implants to fill the loose skin. I'm very concerned about the anchor scar and the loss of nipples sensation. Is there any other way around this?

A lift is the answer

You will do terrific with a breast lift and you absolutely need an anchor lift.  You shouldn't lose nipple sensation at all and the scars, if taken care of properly afterwards, will become almost un-noticeable.  You really should get a beautiful result if you let a talented plastic surgeon do the procedure that you need.  Hope this helps.

Is a lift my only option?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast lift

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, you appear to be a good candidate for a breast lift, which would raise your breasts and nipple position, make your breasts more round and perky, reduce the areola and improve symmetry.  This can be combined with an exchange of the implants to a larger size.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast Lift vs. Something Else

Thank you for your question about Breast Lift.

Two options. Both have risks:

1. Breast lift with or without implant change to increase the size of the breasts. You will have scars and the risk of nipple numbness.
  2. Total capsulectomy with removal of old scar/implants with implant change to increase the size of your breasts. You will have only an extended inframammary scar and still have the risk of loss of nipple sensation.  You will also have saggy breasts if large, heavy implants fall into the extra skin.  The use of textured implants may have a role here. I can't say for certain without in-person examination.

To be sure what might best suit your needs, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have Breast Lift Surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Is a lift my only option

Merely changing your implants our for large ones would only make you larger and more saggy in time. The implant would likely not be much under the muscle if you did that. I do think a lift of some kind would be required to give your proper shape and position of the new breast mound.

Julio Garcia, MD

Lift and implant

All depend of the future size that you want.
my opinion:
First, we remove the old implant and we can do breast lift and introduce a small implant over the muscle to change the shape and make more simetry the breast, reducing the areola diameters.
future cup: B full or C
future scar: around areola

Alexis Reyes, MD

What kind of lift

Looking at the enlarged size of NAC I would think a circumferential breast lift with the same implant or slightly larger implant can do the trick for you.
You will get a circumferential scar that will limit the size of your NAC without any other scar or without loss of sensations.
I wish you good luck in your search.