Can I drink anything with my aligners in?

I read that I should only drink water but my dentist told me that I can drink anything with my liners in and not to worry about staining them since I am changing them every week. Is this ok?

Absolutely not!

You may drink all of the water you want with your aligners in, but they should be taken out if you're drinking anything else. So many beverages today have acidic components and this low PH will dissolve the enamel especially when it's trapped between the plastic aligner and your teeth. Many other beverages have sugar which is converted to acid by the bacteria in your mouth. I'm certain your dentist instructed you that you should take your aligners out to eat and drink then clean your teeth before putting your aligners back in. Please follow these directions and you will not have any issues with weakening your enamel and risking tooth decay.  Do not even add any flavoring drops to the water. These flavor additives have a low pH and will cause etching and erosion of your enamel.
Douglas Jopling,  DDS Dallas,  Texas area

Remove #Invisalign trays before drinking #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
For my patients, I always recommend removing Invisalign trays before drinking anything other than water. Allowing a beverage of any kind (other than water) to remain on your teeth for a period of time makes your teeth more susceptible to decay.   If you absolutely have to drink while wearing your trays, then I would recommend that you take them out and rinse thoroughly with water, shortly after finishing your beverage. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100