I've had this mole cut off years ago it grew back, can I have it burnt off? (photo)

Doctor Answers 2

Treatment for a mole that grew back

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for the question.  I would recommend against burning or freezing any mole.  When a mole is recurrent, it should always be evaluated.  Because moles have a potential to be cancerous/malignant, they should be surgically removed and evaluated by a pathologist (aka biopsy).  Surgical removal can be done by shave excision or standard excision with sutures/stitches.  I would recommend you see a board certified dermatologist for evaluation.

Sacramento Dermatologist

Cosmetic Mole Removal -- Lasers, Radiowave, Shave -- See an Expert

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
There are multiple options for moles.  They can often grow back. I suggest you see an expert for an evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.