I have two hard lumps in my abdomen after Lipo in the summer of 2014. Not sure what it is and why they haven't gone away?

I got my lipo done in summer 2014. Location was my abdomen. After 3 months I noticed two hard lumps near my belly botton. Till this day, I still have these two hard lumps and they hurt when I press down on them. They get swollen as well. It concerns me very much and not sure what to do. I haven't talked to them since my 6 month post op and they were advised of the situation and just told me it will go away in time possibly a year. They told me to massage it, didn't work obviously.

Lumps after liposuction

Uneven condors after abdominal liposuction are most commonly related to imperfections in how the procedure was performed.

The lumps may represent scar tissue but most likely they are reschedule fat from an uneven done procedure.

It can be related to over treatment or under treatment.

These are sometimes amenable to revision if excess fat is still there.

Six months is usually plenty of time to see final results after liposuction.

More time will not improve this.

You should follow up with your dr., hopefully a board-certified plastic surgeon, and discuss your concerns with him or her.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Lumpy after liposuction--Venus legacy, steroids, revision liposuction

I suggest seeing a body contouring specialist who does revision liposuction for a formal evaluation. Sometimes 5fu/steroid injections can also help locally when injected.  I suggest trying external heating devices that can also help improve the tissue. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Liposuction - two lumps persist two years later

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• It's hard to tell what is going on without an examination 
  • But you should return to your surgeon to have this examined and treated.
  • It may be scar tissue that improves with a steroid injection but they may be small cysts that need removal.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS