How to Find a Reputable Plastic Suregon for a Lip Augmentation Using Either Restylane or Juvaderm?

I‘ve toyed around with getting a lip augmentation but my fear is ending up looking like Lisa Rinna. I live in Virginia Beach so I am not surrounded by top plastic surgeons like I would be in LA or NY. I’m sure that there are skilled doctors in my area;I just don’t know how to begin looking. What are some recommendations you would give someone to help them find a skilled plastic surgeon? I want to be sure that it’s someone who has lots of experience as well as being overall very good at what they do.

Doctor Answers 4

How to find a reputable injector for fillers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

First, you are already doing your homework, so look on RealSelf for physicians close to you. Second, you can ask people you know who have procedures done who they went to, or ask people whose look you don't love and then don't go there. Third, you can look on the actual manufacturer websites for Restylane and Juvederm and see which physicians are close to you. Those listed on there have to be of specific ordering caliber (i.e., they use a lot of product) to be put on their lists. Fourth, schedule several consultations with physicians in the core arena - derms, plastics. Ask them how much they do, how often they do lips injections, what type of injectable do they prefer and why, ask for photos or patient references. And then book with whomever you feel most comfortable.

Plastic Surgery is an Art and a Science

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Kells, you are surrounded by a group of top notch plastic surgeons in your area especially in Virginia Beach. Look them up in and choose a few for a consult.

Lip augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is a good idea to have your treatment performed by a board certified dermatologist, plastic surgeon, or facial plastic surgeon.  A great start would be to go to the website for the  American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery or the American Board of Plastic Surgery to find a board certified specialist in your area. From there, you can do your research on specific physicians. Look for credentials, before and after photos, and great patient testimonials. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 49 reviews

You might also like...

Lip enhancement

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Talk to friends who have had it done, or talk to your Ob/Gyn to recommend a good PS. In addition to fillers, you can get a permanent lip implant. find a surgeon that uses PTFE if you want it done permanently. I cannot imagine getting an abnormal appearance if you find someone with experience.

Good luck.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.