Stubborn back acne scars.

I have cleared up my acne on my back for the most part and have a lot of dark scarring spots. I've done chemical peels , cream , exfoliating, natural treatments, and light treatments. The lady who does these (don't know professional name) had said there is nothing else she can do . I have darker skin (Puerto Rican)

Dark acne scars can be treated

I would use a combination protocol that includes Melapads twice daily, Melarase PM cream, light chemical peels, and fractional RF with fractional lasers. Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

Hyperpigmented acne back scars

Without a picture it is hard to give exact recommendations. You should be on a hydroquinone and Retin A. If it is just the color that is the problem, sometimes lasers can help but your skin type is often difficult with lasers. The Fraxel 1927 can be used in some cases safely with your skin type. Infini can be used to improve the scarring but not the pigmentation.

Steven F. Weiner, MD