How long should I wait to get implants after a failed BBL? (Photo)

How soon can you get them? What are the risks with getting implants soon after a BBL ?

Waist Liposuction

You will never get decent results, even with a gluteal implant, if the fat in your waist and upper buttock aren`t removed. You need contour in your back to enhance the result. Even if you want a gluteal implant, it is advised to have a liposuction on your waist line and your back.

Brazil Plastic Surgeon

Butt implants after BBL

You have to wait long enough so that the fat cells transferred get grounded, meaning that they get incorporated into the tissues and are no longer mobile. This is so that you don't contaminate your buttocks pocket created to accommodate your buttocks implant with free floating fat cells. This grace period is probably 1 to 2 months. Please see examples below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Buttock implants

You still have a substantial amount of fat in the back and abdomen.  We must remove this to give yourself a nice tiny waist.  Otherwise the implants wont have the pop that you are looking for.   Be sure to choose a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in buttock implants and has an extensive photo gallery. 

Timing of Buttock implants after failed BBL

A minimum of 6 months, preferably 9 - 12 months, is required for the swelling to reside and the tissues to soften before contemplating putting in buttock implants following BBL. 

Ryan Stanton, MD

BBL

I would suggest waiting 4-6 months to allow for the swelling to subsides before undergoing further surgery on the buttocks.

Typical failed BBL

Dear Virginian,

Thanks for submitting your pictures. Sorry for your disappointment, however it is typical after fat injection to the butt. I have seen it on many patients who came to my surgery center for butt implant surgery after the failed BBL  procedure that was done by other surgeons ( I do not do BBL ). 

Butt implants is your only option , but you have to realize that not all results are the same, because there are different techniques and different implants. Additionally, experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good and satisfactory outcome. So, do your due diligence carefully and choose your surgeon wisely to avoid bad results and need for corrective surgery. 

Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery , to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice 'S' curve, nice hips curve, nice projection and natural look. Also, check the reviews on 'RealSelf' for ratings and positive experience reports.

Finally, in regard to the timing of your butt implants surgery, the earliest should be 6 months, because of the intense scarring that you have after fat injection procedure. If you can wait one year it is even better, since the scars maturation process takes about a year.

Dr Widder