Would I be a good candidate for abdomen lipo to achieve my desired look or would cool sculpting be a better option? (Photo)

I am looking to achieve a flat stomach look and reduce my flanks. Is this a realistic goal from where I am now?

You would have to come in for a consultation

It all depends on how thick your fatty layer is.   We leave the outer half an inch of fatty tissue untouched when suctioning these areas.    If your fatty layer is much thicker than that, yes, you will have improvement.   If not, you won't see much change.    Your best bet is to come in for a consultation and we can go over all of the options.

To a hammer, the world looks like a nail

I would highly recommend you consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can offer both procedures.

Liposuction can remove virtually all layers of fat. Being overly aggressive with liposuction is generally undesirable because results often do not look natural.

The number one dissatisfaction with CoolSculpting is the inability to achieve results.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Liposuction or Coolsculpting

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

It"s great to have choices.
  1. If you want a little improvement with no down-time - Cool Sculpting.
  2. If you want maximum improvement with some recovery time - small cannula liposuction.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

Coolsculpt may help improve the area by about 20%.  Liposuction should be able to help you more. Best to be seen in person.

Candidate for Abdomen Lipo

From your photos you appear to be a good candidate for either liposuction or coolsculpting.  I have been performing coolsculpting for over 5 yrs with good results, as well as other non invasive techniques such as ultrashape and liposonix.  We are also board certified in plastic surgery and liposuction and abdominplasties routinely.  I recommend you come in for a free consult to discuss your options.   804-290-0909

Reps B. Sundin, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Would I be a good candidate for abdomen lipo to achieve my desired look or would cool sculpting be a better option?

Liposuction would be reasonable to improve your overall look. I would search for the board certified plastic surgeon who you feel is most likely to give you the best results and who performs hundreds of these procedures each year. I would look at patient reviews as well as before and after photos on that surgeon's website.

Liposuction results are better than cool sculpting results.

Cryotherapy for surplus fat definitely works. However liposuction is a more direct approach to unwanted fat yielding a more predictable result in a much shorter period of time.