What is the most efficient way to address marionette lines?

On either side of my chin I have deep marionette lines... I'm a blonde with freckles, so my skin has not aged very well.

Marionette lines

While marionette lines can be improved with dermal filler, you will need to have an in person consultation with an experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon who is also an expert injector to understand your options.

Marionette Lines

Thanks for your question. The approach to the marionette region depends on two main factors- the degree of volume loss (in particular, mid face/cheek volume loss, and the degree of skin laxity due to collagen loss. 

The most natural correction will be achieved by addressing both. Volume loss is most often corrected with dermal filler- to the marionette region itself and often to the midface to "lift" up and away from the marionette. 

The approach to skin laxity will vary depending on degree. Milder laxity can often be addressed by radiofrequency procedures- Pelleve or Viora for example. More pronounced laxity will do better with procedures that can build collagen at multiple depths, such as Ultherapy. Thread lifting is another up and coming technique- very popular in Europe and starting to gain popularity in the US now that absorbable threads are being used. 

Your best course of action would be to consult with a provider who offers many different modalities and can customize the recommendation based on your personal goals.

Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician

Addressing marionette lines

Hello, and thanks for your question. Without a photo, it's difficult to recommend a specific treatment plan. However, these lines are most often successfully addressed with placement of filler. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon