Am I a candidate for cheek implants or not ? (photos)
Doctor Answers 9
Am I a candidate for cheek implants or not ?
Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face. I would combine a small amount of liposuction (micro-liao) to reduce the fat in front of the cheeks to allow the front contour of the cheek implant to show through. I call this the "focal point" of the female cheek.
"Jowls” are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift. The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last). The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.
My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:
- very small incisions
- minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
- can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
- no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
- excess fat can be removed
- excess skin removed
- cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
- most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
Hope this helps.