Re-attached veneer - sharp hissing sound - one of my 10 top veneers fell off

My veneer fell off - the top, 3rd one from the middle, on the right. I had it reattached but because of a bump behind the veneer I could not eat and it was slightly hissing. After 14 days the dentist filed down this bump. Since then the high pitch hissing has considerably increased in particualr when I make the sound "s", "t", "th, "f". My pronounciation & sound of voice has changed & it makes me depressed. The dentist refused to make any further adjustments. How can the hissing be corrected?

Hissing sound

Yours is a difficult situation, as we don't always know or understand the speech alterations (hissing sound) associated with cosmetic dentistry; and there is a psychological component involved.

My suggestion is that you obtain a second opinion from a highly qualified and competent cosmetic dentist.

Steven M. Goldy, DDS

Beverly Hills Dentist

Speech issues after veneers #DrSoftTouch

Speech can be affected by the position of your veneers. However, it can take some time to get used to new restorations. If it’s a major issue, I would recommend returning to your dentist to discuss your concerns. He/she may be able to recontour the back side of the veneer. I hope this helps. Click save on the save button below my name, so that you may ask me more questions in the future.