I have wide set breasts. What kind of implant will best suit me? Can I achieve any cleavage? (Photo)

I am wanting to get a BA done. I would really like to achieve a big but natural looking size. I am aware that I have wide set breasts, will I be able to achieve any sort of cleavage based on my photo and what shape of implant will best suit me? I'm a A-B cup, 174cm tall and 23yo.

I have wide set breasts. What kind of implant will best suit me? Can I achieve any cleavage?

Thank you for your question and photos.for every woman the breast vary depending on the amounts of space between their breasts and how they look when their breasts are just made larger

What kind of implant will best suit me?

Hi, Deva2244
Thanks for your question and photos.
Without examining you in-person, I cannot give an accurate assessment and surgical plan.
In recommending implant, I base on patients' body (chest width, height, existing tissue) as well as their desired look.  Please share your "wish" photos with your plastic surgeon.  Based on physical examination and understanding your goal, your plastic surgeon will make a recommendation.
Implants come in different type (saline, silicone), shape (round, anatomic), volume, and projection.
Your "wish" photo seems to have round, high profile; however, pre-op examination/photo will be helpful to be sure.
Best regards.

Thank you for your question and photos. The size and volume of implant which is an ideal fit for your frame depends on your unique chest measurements and anatomy. Your plastic Surgeon will carefully measure you before recommending a range of breast implants.

If your areolas naturally sit far apart you can expect this to remain the same because your implants will need to be centred under the nipples. You can expect a nice, natural result however and push up bras will create the look of closer cleavage once you are healed. 

Be sure to book your consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon.

All the best

You'll get more cleavage than you have now, but you'll need a bra

The more projecting your breasts are, the more cleavage you can get.  However, the implant should go under the muscle and thus you are limited in how close together they can be.  I think you'll get a very nice result no matter what, but we can't always get your ideal.  Of note, the photo you posted as your "wish-pic" is a complication.  She is bottoming out on one side -- that's why her nipples are looking in 2 different directions.  So, hope for a better result than she got!  Find an ASAPS member surgeon in your area and go for a consultation.  Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and cleavage

I believe that you could get a nice size and a natural look with breast augmentation. Cleavage cannot be built. The risk of trying to bring the breasts closer together is that the surgeon could accidentally create one large breast, or a "uniboob." The good news is that you will have more breast volume, which will make it easier for you to create cleavage in clothes. You can see pictures of women similar to you who have had breast  augmentation at the link below. You'll see women with varying amounts of space between their breasts and how they look when their breasts are just made larger.

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

What type of implant

Hi! I'd highly recommend setting up a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. This is the best way to determine what implant is best for you. The surgeon will take measurements of your breasts and give his recommendation on what's best for your body type. Try on various implant sizes to determine which size you like best. Good luck! 

Breast Implants To Increase Cleavage

Dear Deva, Congratulations on deciding to have breast augmentation. In general, the breast implant is positioned behind the nipple areola complex. It is possible to have breast augmentation with implants and see if you are satisfied with the cleavage. If not, you can consider having fat transfer around the breast implants to narrow the space between your breast and around the implants. I recommend that you have a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is experienced with these techniques. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

Cleavage with wide chest gap

The space between your chest will not change.  Your sternum is covering your heart and the implants cannot sit any more towards the middle beyond the pectorals muscle.   To optimize your results, the implants being used should match the base diameter of your chest. 

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Breast aug

Hello and thanks for the question. A breast augmentation will enhance your breast size. Unfortunately your breasts would remain wide set  and implants would not create cleavage. 

Dr. B

Breasts augmentation

Dear Deva,
 Thanks for for submitting your pictures and your goal picture. From observing your pictures, you appear to be small A cup on the left side and A+ cup on the right side and your cleavage is quite wide. Your goal picture appears to be full D or DD cup size. Your breasts are very perky, so you should expect a nicer result than your goal picture . Also, your goal picture has double bubble deformity on the left breast which you should not have.
  To obtain the cleavage that you desire, your surgeon will have to do a nice and meticulous dissection of the muscles in the mid line under direct vision and feel. That can be done most efficiently through a sub areola line. The large size of implants will also help to create the nice cleavage. Additionally and quite important, post operative implants displacement massage will help significantly to create a nice cleavage by preventing capsule contracture and implants displacement laterally.
  As far as implants size , you did not provide your chest circumference measurement, which is critical for correct size selection. Let's assume that you are 34 A. To become 34 full D cup, you will need implants with volume of 600 cc on the left side and 475 cc for the right side.
  Word of caution. Not all results are the same , because experience and skills are critical for good outcome. So, do your due diligence and choose wisely.
  Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent, attractive and have a natural look.
                                  Dr Widder