Tummy Lipo - babies in near future. (photos)

Hi RS I'm 32 years healthy etc . Exercise reg ..eat well etc .61 kilo .. 165cm . Size 8 UK I'm going in for facial cos surgery soon . I'm tempted to get tummy Lipo too . My question is ! I'm planning to start a family in 2-3 years . Will it make a difference long term ? OR should I just wait to fix up my tummy after children ? Do results vary pre-pregnancy better than post pregnancy ? I'm not sure what to do given I am of a maternal age and planning family near future. What should I do ?

Liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a small waist contouring liposuction procedure.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Pregnancy

Hello Sissie, if you are planning to have babies in 2 -3 years, i recomend you that before doing a TT, have your babies first and when your are done with pregnancies do your cosmetic surgeries, when you do a TT yo remover part of your skin, repare your abdominal muscle, reshape and reposicionate the bella button. So its better if you are planning to have babies in the near future, do it first and after that do your TT and Lipo.

Have a nice day

Dr. Jean Paul Giudicelli Saba, MD.

Jean Paul Giudicelli Saba, MD

Liposuction now - children later?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • You can certainly have a small cannula liposuction to reduce the fat on your tummy.
  • Whether or not it is worthwhile to do it now, when you are having children in a few years is not a medical decision but a personal one -
  • If money is tight, consider whether you want to save it for the tummy tuck.
  • If money is of little concern, then definitely have the liposuction now and enjoy your result!
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Tummy looseness

you may benefit from one of the new non-surgical treatments like Sculp-Sure or Cool-Sculpt. Once you have completed pregnancies, check in with a plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Robert V. Mandraccia, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Lipo

While you have some loose skin if you have fatty tissue, you  may be a candidate for lipo now to reduce the bulk and then after having kids, have a tummy tuck.