Downtime for breast lift (lollipop lift)?

I will be undergoing a breast lift procedure and wanted to know as a massage Therapist how much time is advised I take off work. I havnt seen much info on more physical jobs time off. I understand it varies from person to person but wanted to know a rough estimate on time to book off with my work. I'm 28 and will be having a lollipop lift. I also want to know if the recovery time needs to be extended if I decide to have an implant too?

Usually 2 weeks

It is usually 2 weeks to return to the gyn and strenuous activities.  Most are taking some pain medication for a day or two and are able to return to work and regular activities within three to four days.

Corpus Christi Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift recovery

Thank you got your question . First, Definitely ask your plastic surgeon there recommendations . As a general rule in my practice patients can return to work after 1 week but they cannot do any heavy lifting or pulling . You donot want to put any tension on the wound so avoid those activities . After 6 weeks patients can resume any upper body exercises . I hope this helps . 

Joanne Lopes, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Your plastic surgeon will be the best person to get an accurate answer to your question.  Generally speaking a breast lift alone requires recovery of 2 weeks and adding an implant can extend that to 3 weeks in my practice.  For more information please read the link below:

Recovery after Breast Lift

You will probably get many opinions about the recovery following a breast lift. Therefore, you should ask your surgeon. For me, I would tell you that you could return to work within several days. If you add an implant, with a lift, I always place it over the muscle. This should add only a small amount to your recovery. The main problem will be tiredness at the end of the day, so you might want to work only half days at first until you discover how you feel.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Massage therapy and surgery

Well, most people can go back to light duty in a week or so. However, a massage therapist is a very strenuous job and likely you should avoid doing this for 3-4 weeks minimum. Best to ask your surgeon.

Downtime for breast lift

Thank you for your question.  Generally, most people are able to return to light duty work about 1 week after a breast lift but restrictions remain for no strenuous activity or heavy lifting for about 3-4 weeks.  Be sure to ask your surgeon for specific instructions regarding your surgery.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS