Best solution for my tear trough/ cheeks/ dark circles? Considering fat transfer and canthopexy... (photos)

I'm in my late 20s and i always had deep dark circles. Lately when i smile wrinkles appear under my eyes. I'm considering a full face fat transfer but i'm wondering if this would be enough. Would a canthopexy or a lower blepharoplasty do the trick? The outer side of my eyes seems to totally lack of fat but i don't want to get implants on my face/cheeks. Also considering an upper blepharoplasty...is it too early for that? Would the scar be visible considering my big prominent eyes?

Deep Dark Circles/Under Eyes/Cheek Implants? Upper Blepharoplasty?--Fillers (Belotero), See an expert

Dark circles are typically a combination of genetics and a reflection of the vascularity that is beneath the skin.  You can use fillers under the eyes to help camouflage the darkness, I typically use cannulas and a thinner filler such as Belotero for that.  Lasers can be helpful, I do a lot of laser genesis and/or Fraxel treatments and patients seem to be very happy with the results. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

you have difficult eyes, they don't exhibit a problem that can easily be fixed. The dark circles are intrinsic in the skin and filling or injection won't make that better. The use of fat is difficult there.... it is a big area and it is hard to keep that smooth. If you don't like how it looks its hard to fix.

HA fillers may offer a small solution and can easily be reversed. A whole face fat injection could be disastrous.

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Best solution for my tear trough/ cheeks/ dark circles? Considering fat transfer and canthopexy...

Thank you for your question and photographs.  In my practice I would definitely discuss the option of filler injections to cover up the sulcus of your lower lids at the cheek junction.  Results can sometimes be dramatic although discoloration of your skin would not be improved.  I also feel that you are too young to undergo blepharoplasty. Good luck and best wishes.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Fat grafting

Fat grafting would be a safe procedure around your lower eyelids to reduce the appearance of these dark circles.  It does not involve any incisions and has the potential for long-term correction.  You are quite young for a blepharoplasty where skin and maybe fat is removed.  Best wishes, Dr. T.