12 days post op Chin Implant, Necklift, Facelift, I am having neck problem. Is this normal? (photos)

I'm 12 days postop for chin implant, necklift, facelift wearing the come/garment and I'm 7 days postop for co2. I didn't know I had to wear the compression garment from the co2 so I haven't worn it until today when I called to ask if I should. I have had it on the last 18hrs and have now developed a rope like ridge effect around my neckband. What's happening . I go back to PS in two days. I'm worried.

No strong evidence that compressive garments assist in facelift convalescence.

Everything I see in the photograph can be explained by swelling and should improve as time progresses. I don't think you have sacrificed anything by not wearing a chin strap.

Should fix itself

Based on th information you provided it like this should correct itself. You may have wrapped a little too tight or forced too much of a "ridge" at the edge of the compression wrap. Your PS would be the judge, buy I typically recommend some gentle massage of these areas at this time. Your doc would be the best judge of how to handle it.

Worried about effect of facial garment on neck lift

Thank you for your question about your face lift and CO2 laser.

The photo suggests that the garment caused a ridge of swelling in the neck that should subside.
Check with your plastic surgeon if you can leave the garment off entirely until you see her/him.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope this information helps. Best wishes.

12 days post op Chin Implant, Necklift, Facelift, I am having neck problem. Is this normal?

There is no need to worry.  The compression garment can cause the ridge effect following a facelift.  Discuss this with your Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes for a rapid recovery!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Compression garment after a face lift

I think the compression garment may cause ridging because of the normal swelling after a facelift. Best to discuss with  your surgeon and find out also if he wants you to continue wearing the compression.

Neck stiffness

Thanks for the picture.  You are still very early in your recovery and you can have contour changes and tissue elasticity changes as you heal.  

Thank you for your question. Wearing a compression dressing post operatively can cause local areas of swelling and oedema to accumulate at the edges of the garment or where folds develop. Depending on the type of garment and the length it extends down the neck this may vary in location. If drains were used post operatively then some fullness can be left in the skin for a period of time after they are removed. The ridging and swelling will improve, have your surgeon check your garment when you see him next. Best of luck!
Regards
Dr Guy Watts

Dear Smack1954,
Thank you for your question and photos. 12 days after facial rejuvenation surgery is still very early in the healing process and you can expect to see swelling and tightness that can change from day-to-day. Your compression garment may have caused some swelling in ridges as you see. Most of these early swelling issues will resolve on their own in time. It is important to see your surgeon to make sure that you are healing properly and to allay your concerns. He or she will offer suggestions for treatment if necessary. Be patient and enjoy your results.

Kevin L. Smith, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Your skin all appears viable. I suspect that this is swelling, but you should followup with your surgeon today if possible so that he/she can evaluate you and give you a treatment plan moving forward

I recommend you be seen by your operative surgeon immediately! Like NOW! This is not normal and I am concerned for you...