Painful breast capsular contracture?

Got implants feb 2015. Over last 3 weeks very sore breast when lying down on them getting worse. Pain goes up near collar bones and all around both breast and chest. Breast look the same and feel the same- sometimes feel harder than normal but partner believes they feel the same. I am overseas and can't contact surgeon and am worried it's capsular contraction. In pain when trying to sleep on stomach - could it be hormones ?? Or capsular contraction very worried. Go home in 2 weeks

Painful breasts over a year after breast enlargements should be evaluated when you return home.

Greetings,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing painful breasts which are worse when you lie on your stomach.  Contractures could be the cause of this pain and 'hormones' could also be a culprit.. 

With 3 weeks of symptoms and no obvious visible changes, bilateral breast tenderness could occur with early pregnancy, as well.

Check with your plastic surgeon as soon as you are home or you could also see a plastic surgeon where you are visiting.

Best Regards,

Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Sore breasts

Thank you for your question.  Don't lie on your breasts if that causes pain.  Increased firmness and tightness associated with discomfort may indicate capsular contracture.  Be sure to contact your plastic surgeon once you get home.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Possible encapsulation

Thanks for your inquiry but without an exam it is impossible to advise.  I am also sorry you are far from your surgeon.  If you do not feel it is infection but only concerned about encapsulation, it probably can wait till you get home. If you are really concerned try to find a local surgeon to discuss, good luck.  

Painful capsular contracture.

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your current breast pain.  Unfortunately without photographs or an in-person examination it is difficult to offer definite advice.  Because there has been a noticeable change in your exam I would schedule an appointment to see your surgeon when back home.  

Capsule?

You have to be seen in person to be properly evaluated. Don't lie on them if it hurts. When you go home see your surgeon.

Capsular contracture

Thank you for the question and pain can be associated with capsular contracture so see your surgeon or other expert on return to the states

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Painful breast capsular contracture?

Your concerns are understandable; a description of discomfort associated with increased firmness of the breasts  is certainly compatible with encapsulation.  Of course, nothing will replace physical examination when it comes to accurate diagnosis and advice. Best wishes.