How long it takes to be able to stand up straight following a combined abdominoplasty and total hysterectomy?

Recovery after a Tummy Tuck

Recovery changes from patient to patient . I've had patients who can be on their feet very quickly and others who take q little longer.                        

I would say the most common range is between 1-3 weeks. It is possible for the person to experience discomfort past this time. Total recovery time for a TT may last up to six months.

How long to stand up straight

This of course will vary between patients, but usually you can stand up straight between one and two weeks. Listen to your body. If it takes longer, that is no problem. Everyone stands up straight eventually.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Recovery from tummy tuck and hysterectomy

Dear Layla,

The time it takes to straighten up after tummy tuck, depends on the amount of skin laxity in the upper abdomen. The looser the skin, the faster it takes to straighten up. On average it takes between 3 to 10 days.

I do not recommend to combine tummy tuck and hysterectomy  because of the increased complication rate when combining the two.

Always , consult with experience board certified plastic surgeon who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with flat stomach , nice belly button, tight and youthful skin.

Dr Widder

Tummy tuck and standing

Most of my patients can stand up straight within 5-7 days, but everyone is different. You also should check with your surgeon.

The average in my practice is around 1 week with some patients getting there sooner and some later. 

Tummy Tuck Revision/Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/High Definition Procedures

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question.  As each patient is different, it is difficult to say how long it will take for a person to be able to stand upright after these procedures.  Some patients find they are able to stand fully erect one week after surgery.  Others take a little longer.  The best advice is to take things slow and if you hurt that is your body's way of telling you to slow down and take things easy.

With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

How long to stand?

Hello Layla. For a regular tummy tuck, patients are able to stand up straight in about 7 to 10 days depending on how tight the tummy was made. With the hysterectomy, my guess would be somewhere beyond 2 weeks. There are ways to straighten out a bit faster, but you should talk to your plastic surgeon about it first. Congratulations and good luck with the rest of your recovery. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD