If I were getting lip injections and I wanted it a certain way, is it possible or do I have to have get it the way my lips sit?

If I wanted to have my lips look a certain way like a "celebriry" or have it how my lips take the enjection

Lip Augmentation

Thanks for your question. This is a question that we get asked often by our patients. In my professional experience, it is possible to consistently gain better symmetry and overall shape of lips with injection of hyaluronic acid lip fillers as it allows you to completely reverse the results if you do not like them.  While these are temporary (lasting about 6 months) they are quick, simple and have minimal pain or down time. For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with dermal filler and hyaluronic acid cosmetic injections.

Calgary Dermatologist

Lip Enhancement

Thank you for your question. Often times patients will bring in photos of a celebrity that has the lip shape and volume they are looking for. An experienced injector will discuss result expectations based on your natural anatomy.

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lip Injections

Thanks for your question. It's always helpful when patients bring in photos of celebrities. This gives your surgeon/nurse injector an idea of what your goals/expectations could possibly be. You have to remember that fillers are not permanent and regular touch-up (6 months to 1 year) will be recommended. Be sure to find a board certified plastic surgeon and/or certified nurse injector specialist.

Dr. Newall

German Newall, MD

Lip injections

It is always good to come in with photos of what you would like your lips to look like.  Then your injector can evaluate your lips and discuss what the realistic expectations should be.  You may want them to look a certain way, but there is only so much we can do with filler.  The end result of filler really depends on the shape of your lips.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question, KailtinSesar1. Please consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon and understand that your most attractive lip profile will not be the profile that matches a celebrity, but rather works in concert with the features on your face.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

A great injector always listens to his patient's desires.  It is then our job to let you know what is and is not possible and within reason.  Not all lips are alike, so while we may be able to get the exact look patients want in some instances, other times we make close approximations.  It really all depends on your underlying anatomy.

Jesse E. Smith, MD, FACS
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

Your input is key to give you the result you are looking for, but there are limitations that can be achieved that are based upon your anatomy.

Your lips and Augmentation

Your lips have their own shape naturally.  It is possible only to augment the current shape of your lip.  If your lips are very thin I would go conservatively since you can always add more filler to the lips later on.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip Augmentation

Lip augmentation with fillers enlarge your lips, so you will essentially, end up with a larger version and shape of your particular lips. Conservative lip augmentation is an excellent tool enhancing a prominent  part of your face. Aggressively enlarging your lips, sometimes seen in celebrities and other people, can look outlandish and garner attention for all the wrong reasons. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon, good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Can I determine the way my lip augmentation looks?

Thank you for your excellent question.  Lip augmentation with dermal fillers such as Juvederm allow plastic surgeons to increase your lip volume as well as subtly adjust your lip shape and definition to better approximate a patient's "goal" photographs.  Your board certified surgeon will best be able to tell you if your desired appearance is achievable with your lips.  Hope this helps