It is possible to lift a droopy eyelid without lifting the brow with Botox? (photos)

My eyelid is dropping and I would like to lift it whitout surgery. Would it be possible with Botox? I don't want to lift my brow because they are tattoed really high and they will sit higher if I do some and it will making me looking angry.

Droopy Eyelids and Thermage and Botox

You seem to be a great candidate for Botox and Thermage to non-invasively lift the eyes and appear less droopy.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

It is possible to lift a droopy eyelid without lifting the brow with Botox?

Thanks for your insightful question. The short answer is no. The only way to definitively address fullness, excess skin or a droopy eyelid (ptosis) is with surgery or other somewhat invasive procedures. Botox will help with fine wrinkles at the crow's feet and in the middle of the forehead, occasionally on the forehead itself. However, it will not "lift" enough to address most patients' concerns. You may have heard about botox used in such a way as to create some elevation of the brow. This is sometimes referred to as a "chemical browlift."  The results are subtle but can be very pleasing. Nevertheless, this approach will not address the underlying anatomic issue of excess tissue and the need for tissue elevation. Best of luck.

Bram Kaufman, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Botox for droopy eyelid

Botox injection will not lift the eyelid without simultaneously lifting the eyebrow. In most cases, the best treatment option for excess eyelid skin is a blepharoplasty, a surgical procedure. Nonsurgical options are not ideal but you may see some result with filler injection into the brows or a energy based treatment such as Ultherapy or Thermage.

Eyelid Drooping -- Fillers, Thermage, ThermiSmooth, Exilis Ultra, co2/erbium laser resurfacing

I suggest seeing an expert.  If you have extra skin, remove with surgery.  If not there are non invasive alternatives such as thermage, exilis ultra, fillers, and thermismooth.  sometimes laser resurfacing helps. Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox and eyes

Botox injecting along the crow's feet and lateral brow can improve the appearance of the lateral eye but will lift the eyebrow position.

Can I lift my eyebrow with botox?

I agree that a surgical brow lift is not a good option for you. Botox can help the brow height and contour. A conservative upper lid blepharoplasty may also help improve the heavy eyelid.

Jeffrey M. Joseph, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical eyelid lift

The only technology that might help, although it's not FDA approved for this, is to try Ultherapy just under the brow, to see if it will lift or tighten the skin somewhat.  That being said, Botox certainly will not help.  It paralyzes muscle - that's it.  You can't paralyze the levator muscle only because it will droop.  So, Botox is out.  Otherwise, you will need an upper blepharoplasty - easy, outpatient surgery, only a few days of downtime.

Botox will not address droopy eyelids

Thank you for your question miss wonderland. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expressions. Botox can be used to lift the brows. A rare side effect of Botox is droopy eyelids, which can be addressed with eyedrops. If the droopiness is from another cause, alternative treatments such as blepharoplasty or skin tightening treatments are available. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

'Droopy" eyelids are currently (2016) best fixed by tightening the skin with a radiofrequency laser such as Viora® or Exilis®.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Lifting droopy eyelid with Botox

Unfortunately your only option would be to have surgery to remove the access skin.  There are no magic lasers or treatments that will do this for you.  Botox will lift your brows about 2mm but won't help with the access skin.

Martin Jugenburg, MD