Did I need a lift with my BA? I'm not at all happy with the result and wanted some advice. (photos)

Im 6 weeks PO and am worried the implants are uneven, too lose together and the nipples are too low. Am I being too picky or do I need to be patient for my end result? Attached photos FYI - thanks :)

Did I need a lift with my BA? I'm not at all happy with the result and wanted some advice.

I don't think that you needed a lift but it does appear to me that you were pretty aggressive in seeking large implants for your breast augmentation.  It is only six weeks and with time you will hopefully see significant settling of your implants into a proper position.  Be patient, review downward massage exercises with your surgeon and ask about the use of a "bra band."  This may encourage more rapid settling.  Good luck.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Breast augmentation results

Thank you for your question. You are still in the early stage of recovery, it takes around 4 months for implants to settle. It is around this time that you get closer to the final results of your breast augmentation. Always follow your surgeon´s instructions to maximize the results of your surgery. Wishing you a speddy recovery.

Implants still high

Thank you for your question.  At 6 weeks, it's still early.  Generally, the implants continue to descend beyond this point.  Allow 3-4 months before getting a better idea about your final result.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Final results take 6-12 months!

Your scar tissue (inside and out) takes 6-12 months to fully soften, stretch, and mature, during which time gravity works on 100% of patients' implant position. So be glad yur surgeon started a little high, because if you looked "perfect" now, then you would assuredly be "too low" or "bottomed out" in 6-12 months!

Are you wearing a bra post-op? This may be contributing to medial malposition (potential symmastia, or "uniboob") and closing-off of the lateral pockets. Avoid stretch or jog bras that can cause/aggravate these concerns, and review your issues with your surgeon--either s/he's not informing you that this is a normal post-op course and giving appropriate advice/reassurance, or you're not listening (perhaps a bit of both).

Be patient and listen to your surgeon's advice, as it is he or she to whom you will have to go if there is a problem long-term! And, BTW, you did not need a lift. Your eventual result should be fabulous (unless your idea of a great outcome is "Baywatch coconuts.") Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

6 weeks post op

Thanks for the question. Its early to talk about results. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast implant and lift

thanks for  your question and congratulations on choosing breast augmentation. At this point it is difficult to still tell implants position.  My guess is over the next 4 to 5 months your implants will continue to slowly fall and achieve their appropriate position. From preoperative photos it does not appear that you need a lift. Patience is a virtue and I hope you will be happy with your end result once everything settles fully. Best wishes., 

Did I need a lift with my BA?

It doesn't appear from your pre-op photos that you needed a lift with your breast augmentation.  At 6 weeks post-op, your tissue hasn't had time to stretch and the implants to settle.  If your implants were placed beneath the muscle, (and it looks like they are), it takes longer for submuscular implants to settle. You may not see the final settling of your implants for 3-4 more months.  Be sure to follow up with your surgeon and discuss your concerns. Best wishes. 

Jeanette Padgett, MD, FACS
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Lift Needed?

At 6 weeks PO you can anticipate some further settling of your implant. It's not that your nipple position is too low but rather your implant is still too high. Implants are always somewhat high after surgery and then gradually settle into place over time. It may take up to six months to truly see the final result. You should talk with your surgeon about doing breast massage or wearing a compression band to help your implants settle into an appropriate position.

Your before photos show that you had some asymmetry before the surgery and some of that is reflected in the "uneven" look that you are seeing now. Your after photos do suggest that your implants are positioned somewhat too close together. This is in part why your left nipple is rotated to the outside. There is a specially designed bra called a "thong bra" which  can help correct the position of implants which are positioned too close. Again you should confer with your surgeon about using this type of bra.

Post op breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. I do not believe you will need a lift. You are just riding high. I would start massaging the implants down and as they drop the nipples will appear to come up and then you should be happy. It is normal sometimes for them to ride high. Please talk with your surgeon as well. Have a great day.

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

First you are only 6 weeks out and the implants will likely settle some more. Your one nipple was low to begin with and will stay lowe post surgery. If you want a small lift, that can be done when things settle.