How can I improve my face? (Photo)

I've never liked my profile, especially the right side. I want a nose job to straighten the dorsal hump on my bridge. I think that I also have a short nose, the bit of cartilage in the middle of my nostrils doesn't seem close enough to my lips? My right eyebrow/eyelid also sits a lot lower than my left. my top lip is fuller on the right side. I want to get fillers under my eyes and in the cheek area. I've been thinking about a chin implant. Pretty overwhelmed please help what should I focus on?

Facial asymmetry

Everyone has some facial asymmetry. Fillers can balance a bit of the asymmetry in the cheeks, and jaw line, etc.. A rhinoplasty may be reasonable and i probably would not recommend a chin implant.  Best to be seen in person.  Good luck!

Rhinoplasty and chin implant for improvement of the face

Everyone has some degree of facial asymmetry which is normal.   A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish refinement of the nose by straightening it, shaving down the small dorsal hump, and narrowing the tip,  and narrowing the bridge line with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. A small chin implant can accomplish bringing the chin forward to help with facial balance and proportions, especially from the side profile.  Chin implants are manufactured and a large variety of sizes and shapes, and are composed of Silastic, and can be custom carved according to patient's unique anatomy.  For more information and many examples of this combination, please see the link and the video below

Facial asymmetry

Thank you for your question and photos. I think it is obvious that you are an attractive young woman and I hope that you know and appreciate that. In terms of the things that bother you, I do see the asymmetries in the photos but everyone has asymmetries. The degree of asymmetry in the face varies among people. They tend to be more obvious in frontal view photographs especially if they are close up. If these things bother you then there are interventions you can do to improve them. You can never eliminate all these asymmetry because that is just the way your eyes, lips, brows etc are connected to the rest of the face. 

The nose can be refined by reducing the hump (which is very minor), refining your tip and make sure the rotation appropriate. Your upper lip skin is normal and feminine. The red lip portion has adequate size, filler MAY help the asymmetry a little but it makes them bigger which is not what may want. Botox to the brow can lower one side or lift the other slightly, the actual eyelid asymmetry is more complicated. A chin implant may be a reasonable option if it bothers you. 

All above suggestions are possibilities after an exam and assessment and finding out more about how perceive the desired changes. If you do nothing, you will still be attractive, so think carefully and get more than on opinion. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

Firstly, you are a beautiful young woman who should not be feeling overwhelmed about your appearance. Faces are never perfectly symmetrical and that’s okay, its normal. There are a few things you could refine if you choose but are not necessary in my eyes. If you want to correct the hump on your nose and your nasal tip then I think you could benefit from a rhinoplasty. A dorsal hump can be removed by cutting out the extra cartilage along with filing of the bone to smooth out the bump. A tip rhinoplasty includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Relax.

First things first. You are a very pretty young lady (we do not know how old you are) and feeling "overwhelmed" about all the things you might need to do to enhance your facial appearance seems disproportionate based on your photographs. This is not an uncommon problem in adolescents or young adults, and surgery or non-surgical interventions such as injectables, etc. are not necessarily the best answer. 

Facial asymmetry is more the rule than the exception in human beings. Therefore, correcting facial asymmetry is only indicated if it is significant enough to bother you (which it presumably does). You appear to have very nice facial proportions, but any and all options can be discussed with you during a consultation with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon. 

A word of caution. All of the procedures or interventions you are potentially contemplating are cosmetic in nature, and therefore paid for in cash. There are many "practitioners" out there who would be more than happy to receive your money. Your challenge is to stay very focused on what is truly a problem you feel you really must correct or enhance in order to feel good about yourself, and discuss this with an experienced and conservative board certified plastic surgeon. Take your time, do your research, and be open to more than one consultation. Be particularly wary of an office that is ready to schedule you for surgery promptly after a brief consultation. That would be a mistake in my opinion, one that you may regret forever. Surgery is all too often a bell that cannot be unrung. Best of luck to you. 

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon