I'm 9 months post op. Are my implants supposed to hurt my arm and armpit? Is sharp stabbing pain in left side normal? (Photo)

I want to know if any of these symptoms can be because dr error during surgery I was told I had mild tuberous Breasts and wasnt given options on implant sizes from what iv been told I should have been given two size implants is this correct ? My boobs were different to start tissue wise one was AA cup the other was an a cup now they still fit same bra and hurt terribly. Iv seen my surgeon he says its mondors cord how for this long? Im now out of a job from this No pain or anything before surgery

Pain at 9 months

Thank you for your question and photos. Pain is not expected at 9 months. I recommend that you contact your Plastic Surgeon for assistance or seek an in-person second opinion from a board certified Plastic Surgeon.

All the best

Pain nine months after breast surgery

Pain at nine months is unusual and you should arrange a review with your plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns.  Your implants appear to still be sitting quite high and there may be a number of causes for this and your discomfort including capsular contracture.  If you don't feel satisfied returning to your original surgeon then you should arrange a consultation with a fully qualified plastic surgeon.  

Pain- 9 months post-op

It appears that your implants are sitting high- haven't settled into the lower pole.Pain at this stage is unusual and can be associated with multiple reasons. Have you discussed that with your Surgeon? You need to be seen in person

Pain at 9 months

Pain at 9 months is a bit unusual. You need to be evaluated in person to determine what might be the cause. You may have a capsular contracture.

I'm 9 months post op. Are my implants supposed to hurt my arm and armpit? Is sharp stabbing pain in left side normal?

Greetings 

Thank you for your photos and Question. Your breast look like they are still swollen and the will need more time to recover and implants have not settled yet. do consult your surgeon for control and follow up.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

I appreciate your question.

Pain at post op 9 months is not common.  You need to be evaluated by your surgeon to determine the cause.  Please contact him/her for a follow up appointment.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Pain in armpit after breast implant surgery

It appears that you have developed capsular contracture.  Have your surgeon evaluate you and discuss options. 

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Https://www.boyntonplasticsurgery.com/breast/augmentation/

I would say that it is a bit unusual at 9 months after surgery to have the symptoms that you are describing. It appears from your photos that you have large implants relative to your frame size that have some malposition of the implants (i.e. the implants did not "drop" into place).  What this means is the implant is very high and not "filling out" the lower pole of the breast.  There could be a number of reasons for this.  The capsule may be tight and stretching a nerve a well.  It also depends on the type of implant that was used.  I would recommend getting several opinions from board certified plastic surgeons that not only do breast augmentation, but that specialize in revision breast augmentation as well.  I hope this helps!

Pain 9 months after breast augmentation

Persistent pain at 9 months is uncommon and usually indicates a stretched nerve or contracture. Based on preop appearance and implant size selected, I do not think you had to choose differential implant volume. The relative % difference in breast size will be diminished even with the same implant, as the entire breast has gotten larger. The discomfort you're experiencing is an assumed risk of augmentation, regardless of cause, and is not necessarily from surgeon error. It's possible you have contracture that could be causing the pain or an irritated nerve. Irritated nerves can respond nicely to a prolonged course of NSAIDs or other medications. Either way best to discuss with your surgeon. Best of luck. 

Pain 9 months post BA: is it normal?

Pain after breast augmentation should resolve fully within a couple of months.  Intermittent sharp pains presumably from an irritated nerve can infrequently persist a little longer.  At this point you need a careful exam and history of what makes the pain better or worse to better determine the cause.  From your photos it is possible that tou have a capsular contracture which would be the most frequent cause of your symptoms.  I would go back to your surgeon, and be open to other opinions.