I would like to know if it is possible to lift drooping nostrils? (Photo)

I wanted to find out if sutures stitched under the skin on either side of my nose could pull up at the skin (applying upward tension) and hold the nose higher on my face to achieve this desired look. I have heard of the Astarte thread lift procedure for lifting cheeks and necks etc but I was wondering if it can also be used to lift nostrils (i.e. the threads attached to the nostrils on either side and then tightened along the face and anchored at the hairline on the forehead etc).

Rhinoplasty to lift a drooping tip

A full set of pictures of the face are required especially from the profile for making any determination about lifting the tip.  The rhinoplasty procedure involves reshaping the nasal tip cartilages to lift the tip. Suture techniques are performed on the lower lateral cartilages of the nasal ti to narrow and rotate them upwards. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Possible candidate for a rhinoplasty

You may benefit from a standard rhinoplasty.  Best to see a plastic surgeon for an evaluation if you are interested.

Drooping nostrils

There is no such thing as pulling up nostrils with any suture or thread. Only a rhinoplasty can do that.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

I would like to know if it is possible to lift drooping nostrils?

Thank you for your question. There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon