I'm 13 days pos-op of my breast augmentation and mastopexy; is it normal to be be felling dizzy while being up and standing?

13 days post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
Its too early to talk about results.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Dizziness after BA surgery 13 days

Thank you for your question.  Dizziness is not a normal side affect of breast augmentation surgery.  Best to consult with your primary care physician.  Good Luck.

Dizziness at home 13 days after surgery

No, it is not common to feel dizzy almost two weeks after surgery. You should see/speak with your surgeon.  Best of luck.

13 Days Post Op

No, I would not expect you to feel dizzy at this point post op without other underlying issues. You may be dehydrated, anaemic or sensitive to a medication. It would be best for you to have an in-person exam with your Doctor.

All the best

I suggest that you see your plastic surgeon for an exam and blood test to check for anemia and to check your blood pressure for postural hypotension.  Typically by 13 days you should be feeling fairly normal and not experiencing dizziness or faintness.

Thank you for sharing your question.  At nearly two weeks out from surgery this would be a bit unusual to have these symptoms and I would recommend seeing your surgeon for an in-person evaluation.  Hope this helps.

Dizziness after surgery

In the first 24-48 hours after breast surgery it is common to have occasional dizziness when you stand.  This can be due to dehydration ( no food or drink before surgery), anesthesia, or pain medications.  After 48 hours, if a patient has stopped taking pain pills and has been eating and drinking normally, the dizziness should not happen.  At the two week interval the dizziness with standing should not be happening unless a patient is still taking pain pills or if there is significant discomfort when standing.  The most likely cause is continued dehydration, but a primary care doctor can assess blood pressure and labs if it persists.

Samuel Beran, MD

Dizzy?

No this is not normal to be dizzy while standing up.  Also it may have nothing to do with your surgery but I would make sure you check in with your surgeon as a place to start.  You may be dehydrated or some other simple explanation but this is not something you should expect almost 2 weeks after your surgery.  Seek help.  Hope this helps. Good luck,
Dr Vasisht

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon